Used Glass Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK...I got a 80gal for $50 from a friend.....the tank is in good condition except it was drilled for a corner overflow which that has been removed. I got blukheads with caps and then glued them to seal them good...It has been filled with water since Sat in my garage to test with no leaks. How long should I wait before I assume its ok to move inside and put saltwater and go with it???
anythoughts on this?

If your thinking of using it for a salt water tank why not reinstall the overflow so you can have a sump or refugium. As to the leak IMO If its not leaking it should be okay. Usually if its going to leak it leaks right away.

If its not leaking after 24 hours then drain it and move it to its final location. Make sure the stand is nice and level before putting the tank on and then also check for level after the tanks about half full. The carpet if its on carpet might crush unevently under the weight or the floor might shift under the weight.

The tank stand is good, strong and level....and it will go on a smooth tile floor, level. I thought about using the overflow but I dont really like that set up...thanks for the input.
Will post pics this weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom