UV Sterilizer suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheyCallMeButch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon Nuvo Nano. I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions for a UV sterilizer, not too big, not too small, what brands/models should I look for and stay away from? Thank for all of the help yet again!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't think of any reason you would need one on a tank that small.
They are marginal at best when fighting parasites (most units are designed wrong, they can help manage/prevent an outbreak, but won't "cure" one) and really are only good at clearing up bacterial or free floating algae blooms, both of which can easily be managed in your tank via water changes.

Save your money or invest in lights or something that will give an actual benefit to you.

It depends what u want the UV for

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Most common brands are UV clarifier, due to the bulb they are using. They are only good for water clarity. They aren't even UV level 1.

There are however level 1or 2 UV sterlizer with T5 bulb. Those are bit more expensive and better result with parsites and Ich (still don't get rid of them but better control it)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom