Water changer mod.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm wondering if anyone here has ever modified their water changer to be able to just run a bottle of prime inline to auto dose as it fills. I've got the idea bouncing around in my head and now I'm kinda set on doing it. Was just curious if anyone has attempted this and either had success or failure. If it worked, was the cost worth it? If didn't work, do you know why and is it something that could be fixed?

I think it would overdose the tank and its to expensive to use that much at one time.

It could work if you do a little tiny bottle that you refill each time...

I was thinking about finding some kind of needle valve or regulator that works based off the Venturi effect, thus allowing me to tweak it to get proper dosage and not emptying the entire bottle.

boadams87 said:
Just seems like to much work and money just to get the dosage right.

Yea your probably right. I haven't priced anything yet. I was wanting to get some input first. I'd probably use up quite a bit if prime just trying to get it right.

Why not just use a HMA filter then no need for prime at all

On my old 350 gal I used to drain 25% then dose the tank for 350 gal with prime and fill from the tap

Now i have 200 gal per day running into my 1000 gal with a over flow on my sump

A HMA will save you loads of money in the long run

If you look at this pic it's the unit on the bottom that looks like a RO unit but it just takes out the same as prime and no need to add minerals again

It can run 1000 gal of water per day so not slow like an RO unit

Attachments

• image-2550113725.jpg
    image-2550113725.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom