Wet/Dry Filter Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronChisling

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wet/Dry Filter Problems
It seems that the "dry" section of my wet dry seems to be FAR too wet.
Any recommendations on keeping the dry section "more dry"? I am not sure if this is due to my pump down there not being strong enough or what.

This is one of the hang on wet/dry filters on the back of the tank. It sucks the water up from one corner of the tank, goes into a protein skimmer, down into the "wet" section that is full of water, pours over into the "dry" bioball section that is suppose to get pumped into the runoff area.

The water is all the way to the top of the dry section and I am afraid it is going to overflow all over my electrical stuff to keep the tank running. Today I left the filtration system offline as all I have in the tank right now is rock.

Any recommendations or any idea WHY my wet dry filtration system isn't working? I bought it on craigslist from someone who is getting out of the hobby if that means anything.

I can't as it is up behind my tank and I am at work today.

It looks like my problem is that the left side of the wet/dry filter is taking in far too much water and my section with the bioballs (the "dry" section) can't keep up.

Any recommendation on keeping the water levels from the left side with the protein skimmer slow down to keep the 2nd compartment from overflowing?

Back
Top Bottom