Who makes a 72 inch LED fixture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tkey3425

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 180 gallon and want to switch from my MH to LEDs. I sold all oft hard coral and high lighting corals and am keeping my softies. I want the ability to keep hard corals again in the future so what LEDs should I use.

I have a 210 gallon with three radions gen 2 on it. I love these lights! I have only had them for a week so I cant say how well the corals grow under them yet. But I do not have any shaded spots and the light is very easily reaching the bottom. The only negative thing I can say is I had problems programming the lights because their website was having issues. So I had them on manual lights until the website was working good the next day.

I have a 210 gallon with three radions gen 2 on it. I love these lights! I have only had them for a week so I cant say how well the corals grow under them yet. But I do not have any shaded spots and the light is very easily reaching the bottom. The only negative thing I can say is I had problems programming the lights because their website was having issues. So I had them on manual lights until the website was working good the next day.

Yeah but $650 a fixture is a little steep for me haha. I bought the coralife elite MH fixture about 7 years ago and would have to sell it first anyway.

I have used aqua illumination Vegas on a 75 gallon. They are pretty good but it didnt have as good of a spread as the radions do.

Oh and i will mention this about the vegas. The red and green lights looked funny to me so I never used those colors. So If I remember correctly you can buy them with outthe red and green and they are cheaper.

It says each fixture has a 2 ft by 2 ft spread so I would say three. The only thing i noticed on my 75 was a little shadowing near the braces at the top of the tank. My daughter has the Sol super blue and loves them on her takl

Ill check them out tonight for sure. Ill finally remember what it's like to have a normal power bill haha.

RapidLED has a 180 gallon kit for $900. It requires a bit of assembly but I love the end result on mine.

I found this on another thread on this forum,

"with the cree LEDs that rapid led sells, they recommend 1 led for every 20-22 squar inches of surface area for LPS and softies and one per 16-18 squar inches for SPS and clams".

I believe at that you can support up to clams with the kit I mentioned.

I have a 72" 180 and these Taos are impressive and have def Ben a big change for me. I have 3 over my tank, replaced 2-250 mh and 1-150 mh. I bought the dimmable ones and all my coral has taken very well to them. Plus I have noticed a huge difference in heat and my utility bill.

I have a 72" 180 and these Taos are impressive and have def Ben a big change for me. I have 3 over my tank, replaced 2-250 mh and 1-150 mh. I bought the dimmable ones and all my coral has taken very well to them. Plus I have noticed a huge difference in heat and my utility bill.

Send me a link to the ones you have please. My power bill in my new house went up almost $150 a month when I moved my tank here.

Back
Top Bottom