Will Some Kind of "Prefilter" Work for my AquaClear 110 "Bubble Sucking" Problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a drawback of the pre filter when it comes to large particles. They will stick to it but not go thru it. It is in viewing sight so you will see if something need to be removed which if the tank is planted mean something almost always need to be removed. That's what I meant when I said the tape or silicone was a more permanent fix and one less thing to worry about. The tape is IMO the best solution. It fixes the problem with no maintenance but its easily removed if you decided to change your scape or bubbler placement.

That is a drawback of the pre filter when it comes to large particles. They will stick to it but not go thru it. It is in viewing sight so you will see if something need to be removed which if the tank is planted mean something almost always need to be removed. That's what I meant when I said the tape or silicone was a more permanent fix and one less thing to worry about. The tape is IMO the best solution. It fixes the problem with no maintenance but its easily removed if you decided to change your scape or bubbler placement.

So perhaps some kind of tape IS the better way to go...

But let me ask you this: Will tape cause any kind of concerns for toxic seeping into the tank water? Electrical tape is fine?

Electrical tape is usually make of vinyl so your good there it won't gas at normal tank temps and the adhesives are a polymer which is water resistant and from my Experience doesn't break down in freshwater. I'v used electrical tape in tanks before just not for this purpose. I'v never had a issue with it.

Electrical tape is usually make of vinyl so your good there it won't gas at normal tank temps and the adhesives are a polymer which is water resistant and from my Experience doesn't break down in freshwater. I'v used electrical tape in tanks before just not for this purpose. I'v never had a issue with it.

:thanks:

What about, possibly, the other idea of loading up a mound of extra substrate which I have, or maybe rock formations of some kind, on top of that section of the bubble bar to "force" the bubbles to come out from other sections?

You could try both decor and gravel. The gravel may look a bit odd but if you can live with it. You may also just get one bubble say every few sec out of that spot. You will just have to play with it and see.

Back
Top Bottom