WON Heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have any experience with these heaters?

Fall has definately fell in WI and my 2 (200w) heaters were not getting the job done in the sump and temp was dropping close to 2 degrees over night which has triggered a minor ich outbreak (first time in 18 months) :(

I picked up a WON 250w heater with digital readout last night and put it in the display. It has a seprate temp monitor which I put in one end of the tank and heater element on the other side of the tank.

So far the temp is holding steady at 80 in the display and 79.3 in the sump once the ich subsides I will slowly back it off to 78.

It was only $30 and comes with a one year warranty. I am leaving the other heaters in the sump as backup.

Any Thoughts?

As for the ich I am going with garlic extreme for now as I do not want to tear down the display now that the corals are in. The PBT and CB are the only ones that showed some small body and fin spots. Fish are eating and behaving normally. Any other thoughts other than removing the fish will be welcome.

This happened while I was out of town and my wife decided not to turn the heat on yet due to rising costs. She did not realize the impact it could have on the tank as house temp dropped to 59 degrees overnight.

I am hoping for the best. :roll:

Ive only heard good things about Won Bro's titanium heaters.. Very sharp looking product.. I have been thinking about purchasing a set for my tank once I get it setup..
Good luck with your battle with ich. (y)

Good heater, I have one for my tank. They are real slim and fairly accurate, you could hide them between rocks without fear of them breaking. I have mine under the LR rubble in my modded-to-refugium aquaclear powerfilter.

Back
Top Bottom