This question is for Rena Filstar cannister filter users.
1. I'm running the XP2's on both of my tanks & I like them
2. I recently added the ceramic rings to both filters. I also installed an "in-line" heater on one of the tanks.
3. I've since noticed that there seems to be air getting in the filters on both tanks. There are no airstones, etc. next to the intake tube. From the outside of the filter, you can notice a pocket of air at the top. (Perhaps an inch or so) It makes the filter a little on the noisy side.
4. The way I have been resolving it. I turn it off & pull up on of the "latches" on the side of the filter, maintaining some force down with my other hand so water doesn't squirt out everywhere, until the water level goes back to the top & I quickly re-latch it. It seems to work but it's becoming a daily or so procedure.
5. Anyone else having or had this problem? Any potential causes? The owners manual is very vague. It's odd because I have not had any problems until just recently.