40B Irish Countryside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Proflooney

Aquarium Advice Freak
tank-01.jpg

the water is little cloudy still atm but is slowly clearing up. I had cycled it then did a 100% wc with pure RO and now setting up my parameters.

This has a Stone wall and tree round which is based off the stone walls in an Irish countryside. I have a tire swing to add to the tree yet

5/30/2015

Ammonia 0

PH High n/a

PH 6.8

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

KH 2

GH 6

temp 76.9

Substrate: Black Beauty Med Grit Blasting Mix (Inert Coal Slag)

Fish Stock

Hara jerdoni : Dwarf Anchor Catfish

Paracheirodon simulans: Green Neon Tetra

Axelrodi riesei: Ruby Tetra

espei rasboras

Celestichthys margaritatus: Celestial Pearl Danio

Caridina japonica: Amano Shrimp

Danio tinwini: Gold Ring Danio
Plant Stock

DHG Belem foreground carpet

Marsilea Minuta Upper Level Carpet

Bylaxa jap (Lower corners of wall)

Hygrophila pinnatifida (Phoenix Fern)

Pogostemon helferi (line across top of wall)

AR Mini (Lower center of wall)

Xmas Moss Tree Leaves

Tank is CO2 enriched with pressurized CO2 system using a 10 lb bottle

SunSun HW-304B 5-Stage External Canister Filter with 9-watt UV Sterilizer, 525 GPH

T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic 10,000 Lumens

Plants Bottom Tier: Alternanthera reineckii Mini, Cryptocornye parva, Eleo Belem, Hygrophila pinnatifida

Top Tier: Xmas Moss (tree), pogostemon helferi (along top of wall),Anubias nana (petite-bonsai) , Hygrophilia Corymbosa (Temple Compacta), L. repens X arcuata, Lobelia Cardinalis, Subwassertang (Round Pellia), Sagittaria subulata (dwarf sagitaria)

today got my CO2 hooked up but man the reactor I think is full but makes like a sloshing sound lol and dunno how much co2 I am putting in someone said abt 4 bubbles per second but i cant count that fast. so I just guessed since no fish in there to hurt I hoping you cant over dose CO2 on plants. I do see some pearling starting very slowly on my Hygrophilia Corymbosa (Temple Compacta)

I ordered 500ml of purigen so sb here fri and will polish the tank nicely

after running all day I just tested my PH it was 7.0 now it is down to 6.0

Also do I need to turn co2 on 1/2 hr before lights or is it fine to do it at same time?

Now I need some help. I built my cerges reactor and i noticed when hooking things up that there is only a little 1/8 maybe 1/4 hole on the input and output of the reactor for flow. I am getting this sloshing sound out of the reactor even though it is full of water, and the flow out my spray bar is way lower than it should be. now my CO2 is fully dissolving nicely (til my drop checker gets here I am guessing it is at abt 4 drop per scond prob little faster, however no fish yet til i get it grown in and the CO2 normalized so no worries abt too much unless too much CO2 is bad for my plants?)

So is there something I missed like drilling out those holes in the reactor so it gets a better flow or what?

seems when the co2 system turned off for the night the gurgling stopped but still doesnt have the flow it should and still like to get it quiet when the co2 going

Very unique tank. Almost reminds me of "the last of the summer wine."
Might try "planted tank" section...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

thanks guys I just started with an idea to do a stone wall had no clue what was going to do with it and this is one of them aquariums that just designed itself. I made wall set it in tank and the wall wiggled into the shape it is here and I left it then decided to do round planter with tree. was kinda fun not knowing what I was going to do and to let everything happen where it wanted to go

Very nice looking tank!

My only worry is that with you using r/o water it will soften the water too much removing the buffering capabilities. Combining that with CO2 additions is asking for huge pH swings.

Very nice looking tank!

My only worry is that with you using r/o water it will soften the water too much removing the buffering capabilities. Combining that with CO2 additions is asking for huge pH swings.

I am dosing it with GH boost plus my EI Ferts so the GH allows me to bring it up to where I want it as it is easier to bring it up than bring it down and my TDS is at 208 in that tank. I have my drop checker and was really in the yellow so now i dialed it back to abt 1 bubble per second and tomorrow will check the drop checker

also I need to keep the PH down if I am going to possibly run Taiwan bees in there which need to be in the low 6's for PH plus the nano fish going in there like midish 6's for ph some slightly lower

yea thats why i didnt bother checking today. I turned down to 1 drop per second and have my drip indicator that came in today so will give it a day or two to get back down

Back
Top Bottom