70 gal Bowfront Corner tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CGGorman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My wife got me this Marineland tank for my Birthday last month. Just got water in it a week ago. Still cycling, obviously (hence, the cloudiness).

See my profile for an equipment list...

Right now, it's just got 9 mollies it to help the cycle. I divided and plopped in a $6 peace lilly, too, 'cause it was too empty w/o some green!

The tank takes exactly 36" of each wall, but it has a flat back, so routing hoses and running a HOT/HOB filter is no problem with this design. It' came with a class cover and strip light, but I swapped out the light in favor something more suited to planting. It's almost 48" wide across the front, but only a 36" light hood fits properly. With the dual 96w Orbit, I'm at about 2.75 wpg. I think the depth is about 24". I don't have any firm plans for stocking or aquascaping yet, but I'm thinking I'll keep small fish in this one. Tetras maybe? LOTS of plants...once the pressurized CO2 system is up and running. Still struggling on how to handle the back glass. I'm leaning toward simple black.

Opinions? Ideas? Questions?

No flash, only half the fixture lit...
img_561306_0_347be942a96a99cc1555b90d5faeb2d6.jpg

Very nice. wish i had a nice bowfront like that. Them poor mollies probably don't know what to do with all that space. Keep us posted on what yea stock it with.

I say you've got a great base in there right now, I might suggest some for-ground plants to perhaps fill in and something that will gow a bit as a back drop to the drift wood.

Most of the time I don't like drift wood in a tank, but that looks great!!!!

Back
Top Bottom