80 gal Mbuna tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Currently these are the inhabitants:
3 Pseudotropheus zebras, 2 Pseudotropheus ?s, 1 female Pseudotropheus daktari, female Lemon Yellow (Electric Yellow), female Pseudotropheus socolofi, a hybrid socolofi/zebra cross, one confused male Blue Acara—Aequidens pulcher, Striped River Catfish--Mystus vittatus, a common pleco, one ugly Synodontis and a Leporinus desmotes. If it doesn't say female, I'm just not sure yet! I'm guessing due to the aggression level, there is a majority of males in this tank :?

The substrate is small pieces of gravel, which the cichlids love to move around. Trevor is currently making a hood for this tank to keep the cats off the top, cat hair out of the tank and add more light so we can enjoy the fish. Basalt, lace and Texas Holey rock are in the tank along with a piece of natural wood for the pleco.

How do you get the rocks to lay on each other and what not, are some of them glued or something on top of others?

I am pretty clueless as far as rocks go in set-ups, but i want to use some in my next setup so i am trying to figure out how you do this.

How do you get the rocks to lay on each other and what not, are some of them glued or something on top of others?
The lace rock just sits one on top of another. I carefully put each piece down and believe me--there was a lot of rearranging!

Could you use hot glue to keep the rocks together?
No, aquarium silicone would be needed.
I like to be able to move the rocks around and make new structures even though it can be an all day job :roll:

In fact, I have changed the rock around at least twice since that pic.
I can never tell how the pics come up, but the pic labeled 80 gal3 is the current set up. Trevor made the hood and put it on and the next day I bought the rest of the lace rock--off came the hood, in went the rock and a couple younger fish from my fav LFS.

Shawmutt--anytime you're in town, drop by to see the tanks in person :D

Back
Top Bottom