Australian Arowana!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LesterTheFly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just bought my Aussie not to long ago! Love him! Awesome fish! He's sharing a tank with a few tetras and guppies that were already in there before he took over the tank. I thought by now he'd have eaten them all but their all well and living in harmony. Will he eventually eat them? He's about 5-7in right now.

I haven't heard of an australian Arawana but if he's anything like the ones I've read about Rouen he most likely will.

Maxkolbe said:
I haven't heard of an australian Arawana but if he's anything like the ones I've read about Rouen he most likely will.

Awesome! Just ready for him to eat all of them so I can move over the rest of my 20gal community tank over to my 60gal.

I'm gonna assume when you say Australian Arowana you speak of the Jardini Arowana. Eventually you'll need a much larger tank than a 60 gallon. Three times that size actually.

Hopefully you got a big tank to put him in... they grow about an inch a month the first year, usually getting to be a foot long within the first year. They can top out at 3 foot so an appropriate tank would be somewhere in the 300g range. You cannot keep him in a 20 or 60g for longer than few months depending on the age.

Back
Top Bottom