Beginner betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sahabo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok. I'm really doing this for marchmaxima because she encouraged me to. Here's one pic of my tank and one of my betta (isn't he beautiful!?)

Disclaimers: This is my first tank ever. I can't afford any decor upgrades at this time. The plastic plants passed the pantyhose test. I haven't figured out how to take good aquarium pictures with my camera yet.

Attachments

• Corwin 3.jpg
    Corwin 3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Corwin 9.jpg
    Corwin 9.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 123
Looks like a fine tank. In the future you may wish to add live plants as well. Easy to grow broad leafed plants seem to go really well with bettas. They enjoy resting on them. So if you find deal on java fern, snatch some up.

Beautiful betta! I like the gravel too. I also have just the one tank, a 5.5. gal, with a betta. I've had really good luck with Anubias Nana plants in it. The Java Fern grew staghorn algae. You might want to buy him a smallish terracotta pot to hide in. You can buy one at a chain crafts store for very little money. I assume that shell is not real? I've been warned away from them due to water chemistry issues. If it is real, I'm sure someone here can explain the reason. Something about calcium in the water.

I assume that shell is not real? I've been warned away from them due to water chemistry issues. If it is real, I'm sure someone here can explain the reason. Something about calcium in the water.

The shell is ceramic; bought it from a pet store. My betta absolutely loves it; it leans against the side, creating a sort of tunnel that he loves to swim through... The terracotta pot is a great idea. I could probably get a small one for under $1.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments and encouragement. I guess I was shy because I've seen so many beautiful planted tanks and gorgeous setups...mine felt pretty humble. But I've got the essentials and my fish seems pretty darn happy.

I will definitely be getting some java fern/driftwood as soon as I can afford it. (I'm living on ramen noodles and mac & cheese at the moment) Go figure; shortly after I got my betta and equipment I lost my job. Fortunately I got a new job offer for May...just have to get through this month!

Your Betta is beautiful and as long as Corwin is happy and healthy then that's the most important thing. If its one thing I've learned is that nothing ever happens in hurry in this hobby and you will have plenty of opportunity to make improvements over time.

Personally, I like the look of your tank. As Anne said, the colours in the tank bring out the best in your Betta.

shy.gif
aww shucks!

Thanks so much everyone... I am definitely feeling more confident!

Back
Top Bottom