Biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterSean

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know how to setup a biocube 29 freshwater? The previous owner had a saltwater setup and removed the protein skimmer and filters. It has the pump and heater but no filter media.
I was told that I could throw in the carbon packs, or in my case Chemipure, right into the 1st and 2nd compartments but it appears that there is no "grating" to keep it from going all the way to the bottom.
Thanks!

Does anyone know how to setup a biocube 29 freshwater? The previous owner had a saltwater setup and removed the protein skimmer and filters. It has the pump and heater but no filter media.
I was told that I could throw in the carbon packs, or in my case Chemipure, right into the 1st and 2nd compartments but it appears that there is no "grating" to keep it from going all the way to the bottom.
Thanks!

Can you post a picture so we can see how it's set up? Does it have any pre-sponges? If not you'll want to get some 100% Polyfill for the first compartment water passes through. You also need bio-media but somewhere in there. Then if there is room you can use a Purgen or similar.

Is this going to be a planted tank or fish only?

There is a sponge in the last compartment at the pump inlet. The first compartment is typically where the media goes I think, the second I was told is used for plants.
This will be fish only, no plans for live plants yet. I will post some pictures once I get it all waned out.

Back
Top Bottom