First Tank Set Up 29 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everlasting

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, the fishless cycle is in process but I just wanted to take some pictures to show everyone how I set the tank up :D I'll post more pictures once the cycle is over and there are some fish (hopefully) happily living in the tank. I'm thinking there is too much sand in there (it's isn't leveled out though, it's about 2.5 inches deep on average), but my father was here helping me set everything up and insisted it be that deep (he was using gravel as his point of reference). Mind you there needed to be at least an inch of substrate just to cover the peice of slate that's attached to the driftwood. But I don't know what do you guys think?

img_917758_0_ebc7037dd2b1cd2356692d88f02f4365.jpg

img_917758_1_e0245faf6b87e0be630767a6ab6d09bb.jpg

img_917758_2_29c96ce2ac73f38f9451e1eaa02df24a.jpg

That's a beautiful tank and stand--that's very nicely set up, too.

I don't think the sand is too deep: if you switch to real plants at some point, you'll be happy with that extra substrate, and you will lose some to siphoning during PWCs. And I imagine it's harder to add without clouding the water after the fact (I've always had gravel--full disclosure).

Beautiful tank, stand, and driftwood! Great start! I can't wait to see pics with the fish swimming around in there. They'll love it!

That's a beautiful tank and stand--that's very nicely set up, too.

I don't think the sand is too deep: if you switch to real plants at some point, you'll be happy with that extra substrate, and you will lose some to siphoning during PWCs. And I imagine it's harder to add without clouding the water after the fact (I've always had gravel--full disclosure).

I can imagine it would be difficult to add more unless you're doing a complete water change (I will find out I'm sure!). I'm glad everyone likes the way it is set up, I was paranoid that with it being my first set up it would wind up looking hideous :D

Beautiful tank, stand, and driftwood! Great start! I can't wait to see pics with the fish swimming around in there. They'll love it!

Thank you! I hope they will love it too. I forgot to get a piece of backing though, I meant to do that yesterday ah well. I hope when I get fish they like it too. I just have to make the final decision on what kind of community fish to get ;)

Agree, it looks good, and the added depth will be great for live plants. I run my beds 3-4" (5" in some areas) deep for plants.

Back
Top Bottom