I promise this is it. Added a little something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
So... I was at a friends exotic fish store one state over, and we got to talking and I was showing him pics and videos of my tank. Well... He brought me over to the driftwood section and said "you seem to like driftwood in your tank and your pulling it well considering its a cichlid tank" I was like "thanks!" (Really that's all I said)

Anyway he took this piece out and put it in a tank and said "what do you think? Maybe for the left side?"

I said "sure I'll try it and see"

So... Here it is!!

I promise I'm done with the scaping lol, it's only been over a year!! :)

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

image-1423475240.jpg

image-1477586543.jpg

image-552456043.jpg

This looks cool! I love all the driftwood and super pretty fish!

Curious in picture #1 near the left side of the tank there is a blue fish with blue stripes, what kind of fish is that? And picture number #3 the blue fish with black stripes (just under the black fish, on the right side of the tank), what is he? They look so gorgeous!!

This looks cool! I love all the driftwood and super pretty fish!

Curious in picture #1 near the left side of the tank there is a blue fish with blue stripes, what kind of fish is that? And picture number #3 the blue fish with black stripes (just under the black fish, on the right side of the tank), what is he? They look so gorgeous!!

Thanks!! The 1st are your talking about the peacock it kinda looks purple? Or the ice blue cichlid Scientific Name: Metriaclima greshakei (at least that's what I was told)

The other fish I'm not really sure. Sorry. It might be my Kennyi Scientific Name: Scientific Name: Pseudotropheus Lombardoi.

Oh wait I just looked again I believe your looking at the Blue Johanni Cichlid, Scientific name: Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos,

Last edited:
I like it, now ditch those Africans and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

Thanks HUKIT! coming from you that's a awesome complement...

And maybe on my next tank! lol. The thought has crossed my mind a few times.

Beautiful piece of wood, it ties it all together. I wish I had the room to do something like that, one day.... She's almost convinced I need a 6 footer.

I was looking at some canisters tonight for when I get the bigger tank, and if I remember right, you have a FX5, correct? Do you like it, and does it handle your poop machines?

Beautiful piece of wood, it ties it all together. I wish I had the room to do something like that, one day.... She's almost convinced I need a 6 footer.

I was looking at some canisters tonight for when I get the bigger tank, and if I remember right, you have a FX5, correct? Do you like it, and does it handle your poop machines?

Thanks!!

Honesty I HATED the fx5! I had nothing but issues! It didn't deal right,leaked 2x's, the knobs to tighten it stripped so many times the company sent me like 20 replacement ones. Then the icing on the cake was when it started to seize up. It did this a few times. I kept having to break it down and clean the entire thing and the impeller, cleaning was a job! Wasn't happy.

I now run 2 AC110's and I'm happy with that. Maybe one day I'll try another canister... Maybe.

I'm not bashing Fluval as they now make the AC110's just giving you my real life experience with that canister. I'll never use it again.

Thanks!!

Honesty I HATED the fx5! I had nothing but issues! It didn't deal right,leaked 2x's, the knobs to tighten it stripped so many times the company sent me like 20 replacement ones. Then the icing on the cake was when it started to seize up. It did this a few times. I kept having to break it down and clean the entire thing and the impeller, cleaning was a job! Wasn't happy.

I now run 2 AC110's and I'm happy with that. Maybe one day I'll try another canister... Maybe.

I'm not bashing Fluval as they now make the AC110's just giving you my real life experience with that canister. I'll never use it again.

That's what I needed to know. I can read others reviews about them, but hearing about it from someone in" know" is the best in my opinion. Thanks.

That's what I needed to know. I can read others reviews about them, but hearing about it from someone in" know" is the best in my opinion. Thanks.

Your welcome, maybe it was a bad canister who knows. But it was the worse piece of equipment I bought yet! The 2 HOB's seem to doing just fine with regular changes and cleanings things are ok.

Back
Top Bottom