Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Members Freshwater Tanks Showcase
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ideas for Knife Tank

Not sure this actually belongs here but it is about tank *decorating* so.....

I have 75g with only my 12/15" clown knife & I am at my wits end trying to "decorate" it in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me and safe for him. Its in a basement so light is all artificially making live plants really not possible and rocks with those sharp edges pose a wound issue for him. I want somewhere he can hide as well as perhaps a pleco since I really would like some kind of clean up crew (he killed the last pleco I put in so hiding space is a definate must). Since I am definitely NOT independently wealthy cost is a huge cosideration as he is only 1 of 7 tanks
So lets have it, any & all ideas appreciated

Old 07-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhtmother View Post
Not sure this actually belongs here but it is about tank *decorating* so.....

I have 75g with only my 12/15" clown knife & I am at my wits end trying to "decorate" it in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me and safe for him. Its in a basement so light is all artificially making live plants really not possible and rocks with those sharp edges pose a wound issue for him. I want somewhere he can hide as well as perhaps a pleco since I really would like some kind of clean up crew (he killed the last pleco I put in so hiding space is a definate must). Since I am definitely NOT independently wealthy cost is a huge cosideration as he is only 1 of 7 tanks
So lets have it, any & all ideas appreciated

Larger river stones are nice and smooth and he might like some terracotta pipes? Stack a few up and hide them with river stone

Or if your feeling handy and like a good DIY project you can carve foam into a series of caves etc and coat it with a layer of cement to make interesting ornaments

Tags
ideas, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com