Kidfish 29G *The Mobile Tank*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank is coming along nicely. You've got some pretty Angels too. Are you planning on breeding them or adding other fish to the tank?

I'd love to breed angels however i dont know the sex of either and i dont think my knowledge is quite there yet either!!

There are guppies in there as well. The guppies and the tiki guy are my room mates, and they won't be staying long once we part ways haha.

Pictures of the rescape (which I like a lot more) once my lights are back on and the water calms down.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's some pictures after the rescape. Root tabs added, as well as all the other dosing things I got:) whatcha think?

Attachments

• 1426812978884.jpg
    1426812978884.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 1426813014559.jpg
    1426813014559.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 1426813082807.jpg
    1426813082807.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 1426813114956.jpg
    1426813114956.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 130
If they're m/f then I guess they may spawn naturally and then you'll be posting a "help angel eggs first time".

I see what you mean about the guppies haha yeah maybe some dither fish and loaches would go nicely. :)

Well I would quite enjoy that!!!

Yeah I'm not sure what I'll put with them yet.. in due time it'll come! My tank has really made some large steps since I first got it!

So an update on the tank since it's been a couple months. Unfortunately things haven't taken off exponentially but I'm learning how to balance things out. As of a few weeks ago I realized I'm dosing too much, so you know what that means
.... I need more plants:)

Anyways the guppies are gone and haven't been replaced with a school of black neon tetras and a school of neon tetras.

As well as the tetras and angels I also got a ram pair. I saw them in a tank at petsmart and recognized that one was a male and the other female and took them home in hopes they would pair up. We'll they must have already paired up.

On another note my home petsmart is awesome, they have 40 gallon breeders with adequate amounts of fish and a larger water column then what is displayed for the small talk ks. They might not have a giant selection but they are my second choice after the Mom and pop store in my town.

Anyways. I'm having algae problems. My lights are only on 5 hours a day. I'm going to up it to 6 and lower my dosing. I thought my tank was heavily planted but "check yo-self before you wreck yo-self" it's only mildly planted.

The vals have shot off their own leaves and all the leaves you see are ones that I have grown.
The anubias tied to driftwood on the east side of the tank just shot another leaf open. I'm really digging that plant.
Java fern is coming in great.
Some how I can not get dwarf sag to flourish in this tank. What the heck.

Also moved back to Eau Claire to my parents place the last time before I move out for good. (Finally) so this will be less of a mobile tank.

Any other questions?

This was yesterday tank is getting cleaned today. Maybe I'll post some pictures up this evening.

Attachments

• 1433255610554.jpg
    1433255610554.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 1433255665722.jpg
    1433255665722.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 1433255688415.jpg
    1433255688415.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 75
Thanks for the update. It's always a bit of figuring things out with new tanks, especially planted ones. I'm still figuring mine out. At the moment it looks like green spot algae, diatoms and the white residue over plants in the third photo looks like residue that you get from DIY co2. Are you running DIY co2? If so do you have a bubble counter that stops the residue getting into the tank. I had the same issue and all my crypts melted on me.

As far as the tank goes more stem plants! You could really fill in the back right side and front left side with them :) good luck I hope it works out for you. Also nice Rams definitely a male female combo there.

I'm really digging this bacopa I've got in the tank. But I also thought about picking up something with a bit of red in it, what're your thoughts Mattfinn?

Oh and I'm not doing DIY C02 or C02 of any sort. It could be I overdosed my C02 supplement.

For red plants in a low tech tank I can only suggest crypts. They're awesome plants but slow growers, I don't think you could get away with many other red plants.

That's odd then. Maybe when you do a water change next get the siphon as close as you can and try to remove it. I've only seen that sort of slime from co2 residue. It wouldn't be there if you're dosing a glut or metricide. Unless it's another kind of algae but I'm not sure.

I'll keep an eye on it. Growth seems to have fallen way back with the Sligh decrease in dosing. Good signs:)

Back
Top Bottom