Looking to re-arrange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had the current setup a while now, but looking to re-arrange a few things. My thinkings are:

- the plants at the rear will be cut back and place further to the right.
- the fake log will be removed
- the large white (fake) stone moved to the left.
- taller plants to cover the filter

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions?

Attachments

• image-4013945806.jpg
    image-4013945806.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2014890909.jpg
    image-2014890909.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 112
Work on the rule of thirds. Don't centre anything or make anything symmetrical. What I would do is move all the plants to a back corner, place the rock or wood in the mid ground 1/3 of the way in on the same side as the plants, then find something like a short foreground plant for the front and sides.
http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/aquascapingprinc/aquascaping101.html

Mumma.of.two said:
Work on the rule of thirds. Don't centre anything or make anything symmetrical. What I would do is move all the plants to a back corner, place the rock or wood in the mid ground 1/3 of the way in on the same side as the plants, then find something like a short foreground plant for the front and sides.
http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/aquascapingprinc/aquascaping101.html

Thanks. Great article! I'm also scaping a 3ft tank as well and this has given me loads of ideas :)

Just had another look and think this morning. It's a 65 litre tank (17 usg) and is taller than average.
I'm not sure the 2/3rds rule will work here.

richardh said:
Just had another look and think this morning. It's a 65 litre tank (17 usg) and is taller than average.
I'm not sure the 2/3rds rule will work here.

I think my tanks the same shape. Look in my profile at the pics of my 65L. :)

Mine seems taller than this with a smaller footprint. Tank dimensions are 20" wide x 18" high x 13" deep.

Love what you've done with it though ;)

richardh said:
Mine seems taller than this with a smaller footprint. Tank dimensions are 20" wide x 18" high x 13" deep.

Love what you've done with it though ;)

Thanks!
There are heaps of ways to scape tall tanks. :) I like to go to google images to get ideas and drool over all the nice tanks.

I often browse through the pics on google as well for inspiration :)

Its much easier when you aren't short of space. Just started on my 35 gallon as well today. All cleaned out, sand cleaned and put in, half full of water, driftwood cleaned and soaking. Filter, heater etc should be here tomorrow and then I get get started properly.....when the kids allow me ;) Pics will follow on another thread.

richardh said:
I often browse through the pics on google as well for inspiration :)

Its much easier when you aren't short of space. Just started on my 35 gallon as well today. All cleaned out, sand cleaned and put in, half full of water, driftwood cleaned and soaking. Filter, heater etc should be here tomorrow and then I get get started properly.....when the kids allow me ;) Pics will follow on another thread.

Can't wait. I know what you mean about the kids. Lol.

Rescaped a bit....still not sure if it's an improvement. What do people think?

Attachments

• image-2449996477.jpg
    image-2449996477.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2230018417.jpg
    image-2230018417.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 67
I've just decided to keep small fish in this one. At the moment 10 cardinal tetras and 2 Pygmy cory (they only had 2 at lfs). Although the Pygmy cory do actually think they are cardinal tetras and constantly school with them :)

Eventually I'll get 4 more Pygmys, 4 harlequin rasboras and some shrimp to complete it.

Back
Top Bottom