Moving Cross Country?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamie_lynn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there! I have a small, 5 gallon freshwater aquarium that, in addition to a few plants, currently only has a few tiny inhabitants -- 3 Amano Shrimp! This little cleanup crew has been a lot of fun for me to watch and care for over the last several months. I've avoided adding additional inhabitants because I knew I might be moving... and it turns out I am, from California to MO in August.

It will take me four days to make the drive, and my guess is that this probably means that I can't take my little friends with me and will need to find them a new alternative home in the area.

But I still wanted to check in... is there any way to (safely, for them) move three shrimp across the country with me? I've even thought of leaving them with a friend and having them mailed to me once I'm settled, but I'm afraid leaving them in the hands of an inexperienced person may do more harm than good. Any experience with an aquarium, shrimp, and this kind of move is appreciated.

I'm also open to just finding them a good home here if that's what is best for them... I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Back
Top Bottom