My 300 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
Current stock is x1 red tailed catfish
x2 jaguar cichlids
x1 jack dempsey
x1 red devil
x1 silver arowanna
x1 clown knife fish
x1 tiger oscar

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398922502438.jpg
    1398922502438.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 610
Wow I hope you have a much bigger tank in the works. That redtail will way outgrow that and definitely eat at least your jack, if not your Oscar and jags too.

I don't care about any of those fish just my jags because there a breeding pair I guess there just an expensive treat haha and yeah as soon as he has trouble turning around I'm gonna move him into a heated pond

Wow! Your tank is huge!; fish even more huge!! It's good you have a heated pond for the biggest guy. Will you be adding any plants or driftwood? What type filtration do you use on such a big tank? Your food bill must be astronomical!!! Best of luck!

Wow! Your tank is huge!; fish even more huge!! It's good you have a heated pond for the biggest guy. Will you be adding any plants or driftwood? What type filtration do you use on such a big tank? Your food bill must be astronomical!!! Best of luck!

I have all my fish pellet trained so it's not too bad plus I work at a pet store so I get a discount so it's not too bad but still is pretty expensive as for filtration I run two filstar xp canister filters rated at 175 gallons and two hob filters that are rated 100 gallons each until I can get my sump built didn't think and made my stand impossible to fit any sumps under there and for decorations they uproot all plants and move around everything else so for now just very heavy rocks

But thanks appreciate it I love hearing other people's opinion about my tank I'm never satisfied with it

How I had it but Bob the rtc quickly made sure it was gonna be plain if he has anything to say about it

Attachments

• 1399319969210.jpg
    1399319969210.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 485
I hate to sound like a jerk but to say you don't care about some of those fish you shouldn't be allowed to have any of them. Keeping them in there knowing they are going to eventually be tortured is just cruel and brings a bad name to the hobby

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I hate to sound like a jerk but to say you don't care about some of those fish you shouldn't be allowed to have any of them. Keeping them in there knowing they are going to eventually be tortured is just cruel and brings a bad name to the hobby

I don't mean to sound rude but your talking and have no idea of how I obtained these fish or asked but just proceeded to bash me without knowing anything I actually rescued them from a person with a 110 gallon because they couldn't even turn around so that's there home for now until I get the heated pond set up

And the fish being eaten by my red tailed is in no way torture if that's the case stop feeding goldfish it's the same thing just on a larger scale my fish are all perfectly find and much to large to be eaten by my catfish

On that subject...I have to admit that as much as I love my aquarium and my fish when I look at your fish I can't help but think dinner :)

On that subject...I have to admit that as much as I love my aquarium and my fish when I look at your fish I can't help but think dinner :)

That's funny everyone wants to eat my red tailed catfish

Oh your tank and fish are amazing! I also have a RTC and also a RTC/shovel nose hybrid. They are both young and I can not wait for them to get bigger. When I move out of my apartment I plan on building a decent sized heated pond for my bigger fish.

Yeah man at the size there at there impossible to keep in a tank unless it's custom built

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not bashing ya man just being strait up if you don't like that I apologize but those are facts tank is too small now if your going to go bigger eventually awesome I hope for the fish sake you do

All my fish can comftorably turn around so I don't think it's too small

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't mean to sound rude but your talking and have no idea of how I obtained these fish or asked but just proceeded to bash me without knowing anything I actually rescued them from a person with a 110 gallon because they couldn't even turn around so that's there home for now until I get the heated pond set up

Great Response. A lot of people on here just jump on the Bandwagon without knowing any facts or backstory. The fact that you enjoy the fish, and have a long term plan for them is waay more than the previous owner had it sounds like, which would have been a very slow death/flushing, etc.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom