My 4ft tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GR8TIME

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everybody,

This is my 4ft tank, in my homemade cabinet, its home to neons, albino and black bristlenose catfish, bolivian butterfly's and striped kuhli loach, more fish to come mainly dwarf cichilids.

I have a aquaone aquais 1200 canister filter, aquaone 300W heater, 2 x 13W fluorscent lighting kits from hardware store. White & Blue 12V LED lighting with transformer, white LED is turned on before the main lights are switched on and blue LED is for moonlighting effect. I have 3D latex rock background, Goldvine driftwood and fine gravel.

img_1054437_0_0d89bac5c8fd37cb3870505e30c858ee.jpg

img_1054437_1_50cd980ca9084f7937434076f42b842d.jpg

img_1054437_2_611bee0b6273cb6197f96fdfc1cee153.jpg

Your hardscape is look good, love the setup. Maybe a pair of discus or gouramis would like nice for some main fish.

Your light is waaay to low for planting, so if you do plan on gettin' some live plants you will deff have to upgrade your lighting. If you don't feel like going through the trouble I suggest a few fake plants to add a bit of color to the tank.

Awesome are you gonna put some plants in there?

Thanks, Im planning to put plasitc ones in, just easier to maintain, I visit my local fish store and the have bulk plastic plants on a plastic grid, I'm planning to buy those at different heights, in the next couple of weeks.

Your hardscape is look good, love the setup. Maybe a pair of discus or gouramis would like nice for some main fish.

Your light is waaay to low for planting, so if you do plan on gettin' some live plants you will deff have to upgrade your lighting. If you don't feel like going through the trouble I suggest a few fake plants to add a bit of color to the tank.

I was thinking the same, planning to get some dwarf gouramis, I have scene them local fish store and they have very beautiful colours.

Fake plans for me, hope in next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom