My new 55gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is my 55 gallon glass thank. It's 3 1/2 old. I have 6 Serpea Tetras, 4 albino Corydoras, and 2 harlequin Rasbora. (Had more but I started cycling with them and I didn't know a lot about cycling :( ) I think my tank is doing much better. Tell what u guys think and suggestion!

-2 tone substrate (gravel and silica sand)
- all artificial plants
- real driftwood root.

image-2572425052.jpg

image-1579109338.jpg

image-897600244.jpg

Attachments

• image-1159710527.jpg
    image-1159710527.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 119
  • image-726498102.jpg
    image-726498102.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image-881375479.jpg
    image-881375479.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 199
What lighting do you have now?seems like a daunting task going into plants but lots ?'s followed up with research makes for an easier transmission...

What lighting do you have now?seems like a daunting task going into plants but lots ?'s followed up with research makes for an easier transmission...

Its a 48" 40w T12 fluorescent aquarium/plant bulb. But I will upgrade to a LED system more fit for plants when it comes time to tackle live plants

Its a 48" 40w T12 fluorescent aquarium/plant bulb. But I will upgrade to a LED system more fit for plants when it comes time to tackle live plants

Finnex led fixtures are gaining popularity with planted tanks...I bought one to try on my 10g&with great results!
Here's a recent pic after a trim..
ForumRunner_20130131_170704.jpg

Cool tank dude. Ive had a 15 gal tank for about a year now and i just recently purchased a 55 gal and im excited to set it up. Yours looks really nice i like the assortment of plants and driftwood. You should let me know all the fish your thinking about getting and post some pics

Cool tank dude. Ive had a 15 gal tank for about a year now and i just recently purchased a 55 gal and im excited to set it up. Yours looks really nice i like the assortment of plants and driftwood. You should let me know all the fish your thinking about getting and post some pics

Once it's all stocked I hope to have

6 - serpea tetra
8 - harlequin rasboras
4 - albino Cory cats
1 - small pleco
6 - black skirt tetra
2 - angel fish
27 fish in total which is a bit over stocked but by the time I am almost done adding all the fish ill have added a canister filter rated for 250 gallon tank to go along with my 90gallon HOB filter

I have never owned them but I have heard serpae tetras can be kinda mean

They say they can be fin nippers. But as long as u keep them in a school of 6 or more and in a heavily planted tank they will not bother anyone. I had mine for a week and they are cool they even school with the harlequin Rasporas

For all fake plants I think it looks good. And your stock looks fine to me. But the angels will have no fins with the serpae tetras and possibly black skirt tetras.

For all fake plants I think it looks good. And your stock looks fine to me. But the angels will have no fins with the serpae tetras and possibly black skirt tetras.

I think I want rummy noses instead of the black skirts

Rummy's would be cool. I was think either rummys or gold flake tetras for my 150 when I set that up.

Btw I like your tank. Can't wait to see live plants in it, trust me, your tank will look so much better, both visually in a natural way, and chemically w/ water quality. I will never go back to an unplanted tank (unless its a hospital tank :p)

I have 3 black skirt tetras and they don't nip at all but then again all my fish in my tank are tetras..

So I added to the decor of the tank a bit and tossed in 4 more serpae tetras. (I am not quite cycled all the way. But I test my water quality 2 to 3 times a day as well as water changes when levels are not idea. My fish all seem happy. But anyway. I did photo edit the pictures. Dunno If that's a no no in the aquarium world or not. Check it put.

image-3933332508.jpg

image-4127609271.jpg

image-3092185593.jpg

image-2585050727.jpg

image-2397059846.jpg

To be honest, I thinkbyour edit is fine being as you have fake plants (my opinion)...since its a forum usually I would say no because we honestly like to steal ideas. Magazine are obviously all doctored :p

Back
Top Bottom