My new 60gal African Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConfidentBlue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone!

New to the forum but been browsing for a while and thought I'd put up my new 60gal FW African tank. The tank was fishless cycle'd prior to any livestock being put in the tank.

The stand and canopy were built by me and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Here are the stats:

Equipment:
Aquaclear 70
Marineland Canister C-360
300 Watt Fluval Heater
(2) Hydor 850gph wavemakers
Coral-Life T5 dual lighting with a 10k and Actinic bulbs
Stand and Canopy (built by me)
Lava Rock
Black Sand

Livestock
(3) Bumblebee's
(3) Yellow Labs
(2) Yellow banded Moori's
(1) Red banded Moori
(3) Acei (light blue with yellow fins)
(3) Demasoni's
(3) Duboisi
(3) Red Peacocks
(3) Blue Peacocks
(1) Sailfin Pleco
(3) unknown type peacocks

This is my first aquarium in probably 20 years and I know I've overstocked it. I'm going to re-home some of them to bring the stocking level back down but so far they work well together. No noticeable aggression issues and everyone seems happy.

Onto some photo's

Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out. Adding some moonlight lighting tomorrow

Good job nothing better than using some DIY skills on setting up a tank and equipment and sitting back looking at it admiring your handy work! Looks professional well done!

img_2624776_0_50c3f9541a2b62d84259625b15b73b8a.jpg

img_2624776_1_17314d47b3d5689e46bc67aad7ae9a37.jpg

Moonlight LEDs installed I love it!

very cool and relaxing looking. and I like the way you have the rocks piled nice and high.

only thing is .... now what are u going to do with your free time?

Thanks!

I've actually got an empty 36gal bow front in my bedroom that I first bought as an impulse buy before I really knew what type of fish I wanted to keep so I'm planning on doing a planted tank.

Trying to decide if I want to do a dwarf puffer or something else with it.

Thanks!

I've actually got an empty 36gal bow front in my bedroom that I first bought as an impulse buy before I really knew what type of fish I wanted to keep so I'm planning on doing a planted tank.

Trying to decide if I want to do a dwarf puffer or something else with it.

What about a dwarf chichlid breeding tank??? Appistogrammas maybe???

That actually sounds like it could be fun too. Do the dwarfs do good in planted tanks?

Back
Top Bottom