my re-go 29 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tore my 55 and dismantled my 29 reef.
Im trying to find time to drill a 20 long to set up a new reef, just need to reduce everything.

I decided a 29 planted was going back in its original place where the reef took from my original 29 planted. Here it is so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20180919_185900.jpg
    IMG_20180919_185900.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 90
Lighting
Fertilizers
CO2
Substrate
Etc. etc.

ahh, gotcha

Its a finnex ray2 light
black diamond substrate
pressurized co2
and I have been using dry ferts but I think Id like to pick up some basic comprehensive and solo ferts as well.

Theres actually more fish in there than it appears also.

That’s a purty tank.
What kind of dry ferts do you have? They should be all that you need, nutrient wise.

That’s a purty tank.
What kind of dry ferts do you have? They should be all that you need, nutrient wise.

to be honest I forgot what they were and was recently looking them up. I also use DIY root tabs occasionally.

If I can find the link where I ordered the ferts Ill pass it along. If you have a good source, let me know because I prob wont find mine.

My GF is much happier, she hates the reef. She likes the planted more, MUCH MORE.

The 55 was getting way to much for me and my schedule. I have this, my 5gallon beta setup, the 20long I need to drill and find a sump for (which I might just use some plexi I have and DIY one) and now decided on trying a shrimp bowl for the upstairs kitchen.

I forgot to mention I Also have my old fluval planted+ I keep on there. I only SPARINGLY will run both for a little while. Dont ask me why but I just feel like the 30" ray 2 is WAY dimmer than the 48" that was on my 55.

sometime I like just getting the extra spread and blast for a couple hours when the co2 is really cranking. Most here advised against that practice so I dont do it as often. Never saw adverse affects yet, in fact the fish seem to get more active when I do it, yet a bit more aggressive seemingly.

I also decided to actually pot my more spreading plants this time. My sag and val try to grow out of the pots constantly. The sag just exploded in my 55 pretty much killing everything else.

Back
Top Bottom