My Tank Room (aka Watery Man Cave)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhNeil1969

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is where I like to lounge on the couch and listen to music while sipping on some cognac (or beer, or rum, or vodka - you get the idea:p).

32890-albums1223-picture8963.jpg

Nice! That's what I need to get away from the wife LOL looks awsome though !

I think I've got room for 1 more tall cube or hex tank. The only problem I have is sneaking it past my wife;). My wife already balked when I mentioned a third tank ("what do you mean a third tank?!!!!!" :shocked!:). Anybody got any ideas on how I can pull it off? :wink::wink::wink:

OhNeil1969 said:
I think I've got room for 1 more tall cube or hex tank. The only problem I have is sneaking it past my wife;). My wife already balked when I mentioned a third tank ("what do you mean a third tank?!!!!!" :shocked!:). Anybody got any ideas on how I can pull it off? :wink::wink::wink:

Tell her it's a gift for her and that you'd help her maintain it :D

OhNeil1969 said:
I 've tried that one so many times in the past I don't think she'll go for it anymore. Although, I have gotten a new computer, tv and car before using that same line :)! Who knows? Maybe it'll work one more time?

Just give it a try. Or buy it and tell her that where you got it from has a "No Return No Exchange" policy. Good luck!

Buy it, set it up and then there's not much she can do about it :king: then let us know how long it takes for her to notice:D

Well maybe if you let her choose the fishies you put in it she will simmer down. maybe it's decor..... if you think she's make it to your approval hah if she doesn't have any part in the care she should mind i don't see how.

Anyways, love the room. My man has a man cave (and yes he calls it his man cave) and I keep my fishies in it and now he's into them so much that he suprised me with a new 38 gallon tank to set up in the cave as well. I'll be taking care of it while he has the view but I enjoy it so it's a great trade

Well maybe if you let her choose the fishies you put in it she will simmer down. maybe it's decor.....

I have to admit, my wife and cousin were both instrumental in helping me decorate the 60 gallon tank. I think the problem is that even though I call the room my "watery man cave," she still controls the decor of the overall room/house. I'm going to have to find a way to convince her the room will look even better with another tank. I know she likes symmetry; maybe that'll be my way of getting it in. I'm going to need someone on this forum to write a compelling interior decorating argument that she'll believe :)!

OhNeil1969 said:
I just got busted by my wife talking to all of you about the third tank. HELP!!!!

Tell her "I was going to surprise you". Girls like surprises :D

He deserves another tank. Don't you want to see him happy:puppydogeyes:

Thanks for all the support guys :)!! I have to admit my wife isn't as bad as I make her out to be (help - she's threatening bodily harm so as to force me to type this. JUST KIDDING!). But in the end I think I'll take your advice and just surprise her. I'm sure she'll love it once she sees it. BTW, tonight is a rum and jazz night :).

I'm the interior designer in our home so i understand that, but there is always room for another tank lol. Scope out a nice spot in the room where it would lok nice and if you surprise her she possibly won't bug eye on you as much. Name it after her or put something in there that will make her smile like maybe something only you two would laugh about always a good idea

Ohhhh, so it was your wife that decorated that room! Kudos to Mrs OhNeil1969! (y)

Psssst... use your birthday as an excuse to add another tank to the room. Works like a charm every time!

My wife said, "Give her a little wine, a little love, and tell her out was free."

I think the free part is key. ;)

Back
Top Bottom