New floating plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've just got some new plants for my tank including some small floating ones with long trailing roots.
What do you all think? Suggestions welcome x

Attachments

• image-737927907.jpg
    image-737927907.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 194
  • image-2534217820.jpg
    image-2534217820.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 219
  • image-3515491622.jpg
    image-3515491622.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 194
This tank is aswome! Good job!
Whats the name of the plant on the left.

I don't know the name sorry, I got that one from Pets at home and they don't have their plants named.

Scottishnewbie said:
I don't know the name sorry, I got that one from Pets at home and they don't have their plants named.

Its cool. Thanks

I'm a bit confused about what sort of air pump I should get. Which ones are the best? Preferably quiet and reliable.

I dont use air pumps so I wouldnt know. I just let my plants do the work.

Nice tank. I bought those same plants a couple of weeks ago. They grow really fast!

Scottishnewbie said:

Really? They have every one named at my pets at home? Nice tank by the way love how natural it looks :)

Our pets at home store have some name tags in pots but most are just in a big tank all mixed up with no names. Luckily I don't mind as I just buy ones that I like the look of!

Scottishnewbie said:
Our pets at home store have some name tags in pots but most are just in a big tank all mixed up with no names. Luckily I don't mind as I just buy ones that I like the look of!

I think thats a good way of doing it, I just do that to lol

My apple snail and fish just destroy my plants anyway so constantly have to replace them :)

I think your tank looks great! May I ask, why a air curtain? Looks so natural now. Looks good.

I don't have and never have had a air pump they are not needed its all about water movement that airates the water I just have my filter to cause ripples at the surface that's it

As far as naming goes, there are two fairly common floating plants for freshwater aquariums - so they could possibly be one of these two:

Amazon Frogbit - Looks like mini lilypads, deep green with a shiny leaf surface.

(Dwarf) Water Lettuce - Looks, like lettuce sitting on the water. Small light-green leaves with a fuzzy-looking surface.

Back
Top Bottom