Show off your betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know there's a show off your betta thread but let's see your betta tanks! I'm planning a small tank for the spouse's office since the Evolve I had been working on never made it out of the house :whistle: Always nice to see what other folks have done and get some ideas :flowers:

Here's my betta in his 5gal. It was originally crypt only but I found I need taller growth instead. So I threw in some milfoil which I'm still waiting for these stems to convert to submerged growth and there's an Amazon sword in the back corner which is growing great and I can't wait till it's almost taking over the corner. There's subwassertang and Java moss on the rocks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430512954.439607.jpgxImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430513034.812662.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430513051.580113.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430513067.848686.jpg it's very much a tank that won't look great for another 6 months when everything thickens up and grows more. Crypts have been in since December and were recently split up to fill in more sections. Mixture of Willisi, undulata and Wendti. Would love to get some spirialis or something similar for that "tall growth" if I could find it.

Here's my betta in his 5gal. It was originally crypt only but I found I need taller growth instead. So I threw in some milfoil which I'm still waiting for these stems to convert to submerged growth and there's an Amazon sword in the back corner which is growing great and I can't wait till it's almost taking over the corner. There's subwassertang and Java moss on the rocks. it's very much a tank that won't look great for another 6 months when everything thickens up and grows more. Crypts have been in since December and were recently split up to fill in more sections. Mixture of Willisi, undulata and Wendti. Would love to get some spirialis or something similar for that "tall growth" if I could find it.

Very nice! Has your betta had any issues with the wood? I have a bunch of manzanita around but I'm concerned about potential fin damage.

Very nice! Has your betta had any issues with the wood? I have a bunch of manzanita around but I'm concerned about potential fin damage.

No I haven't had any issues. As you can see there's a large amount of open swimming space. The wood I've used is from local melaleuca trees that I gave a quick boil. I'm encouraging tannins in this tank.

This is my betta, Burnie in his 10g kingdom. I've had bettas in anywhere from 1g to 20g's and my bettas have always been happiest in 10g's. Also, I suggest you get an air pump (like my rad volcano) and try to use sand as gravel hurts their fins. Also, if you can, try to go buy sick bettas and heal them. I always do. Bettas are very receptive to melafix and stress coat and even a touch of aquarium salt. Burnie is a brand new one of mine that I got from petco. He was in a disgusting container and he had terrible fin rot. His fins are healing beautifully IMO tho! Also, try to get a very low current filter because the current can 1. Discourage bubble nests and 2. Hurt their fins. Also, when they first come home, try to feed them blood worms and ease into pellets because bettas don't like to eat when stressed. Good luck with your betta!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430694839.160266.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430694860.237072.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430694895.584892.jpg

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430701382.299097.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430701421.001845.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430701456.005251.jpg

My Betta tank needs some work. I want it to be more planted but don't have the time to do it yet. It's divided with 5g for each Betta. Luis(purple) and frank(blue) one of the few fish I have named :)

Caleb

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430935397.961668.jpg Thor's 4g tank, heated and filtered :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My Raz MaTaz 5.5 gallon tank

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1431151395294.jpg
    1431151395294.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 95
Another view of Raz:s tank

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1431151484346.jpg
    1431151484346.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 99
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431174760.827802.jpg. 45 gallon betta tank...you can see him in the top right corner. Also used to grow out baby mystery snails. Once the driftwood starts to sink I'll be able to get in there and organize it a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

45 gallons for one betta he must be in heaven! :)

Do you plan to stock this with anything else?

I've noticed a huge increase in his activity levels and his responses and interactions to movement around his tank when I moved him into the 45. He started in a 5.5, then a 10, then I had the 45 laying around so figured why not.

Nope, I'm just leaving it to him and the snails. He used to be extremely aggressive, since giving him the added space he's at least allowed some of my mystery snails.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah he must love it. Yeah it's probably not wise then for other fish.

I did experiment with my betta when I first got him with my community. He just flared and shimmied his way around the tank scary everything so I scooped him back up.

Back
Top Bottom