Show off your rainbowfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The more the merrier for it but my issue is keeping it trimmed properly. Like most stem plants, lots of unimpeded light, co2 to match equals a happy one.

Here is my current Rainbow Tank. It's a 27 curved. I am in the process of getting their new larger digs set up. It's a bit bittersweet. I finally got this one the way I like it. Guess I will have to find new fish for it!!

Attachments

• image-681865296.jpg
    image-681865296.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-4258488724.jpg
    image-4258488724.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3916117091.jpg
    image-3916117091.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3531487596.jpg
    image-3531487596.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 83
A couple pics of my bows

Attachments

• rainbows 003.JPG
    rainbows 003.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 52
  • rainbows 011.JPG
    rainbows 011.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 53
A couple pics of my bows

Those are some great looking ones. I think my next tank will be mainly rainbows. Now I just have my boesmani, but would love to have 5-6 different types in a single tank

Those are some great looking ones. I think my next tank will be mainly rainbows. Now I just have my boesmani, but would love to have 5-6 different types in a single tank

Thanks!! That is my all male display tank. 125gal. planted. There are 11 different species of bows in it.
I have kept bows for about 14yrs.

I didn't even know there were that many types. I posted my male boesmani before but here they are again

image-639089035.jpg

Do you have any aggression issues with only males?

Foster53,

Gorgeous Boes!!!! I can't wait until mine mature. I am in the process of creating a Bow centric 55g.

They are my favorite freshwater fish!!!

Any tips?

Nice looking Boesmani's.
I have no aggression issues at all in the tank. They display once in a while, but never touch each other. There are lots of species of bows. Most are not available in the U.S. unfortunately:nono:

Nice looking Boesmani's.
I have no aggression issues at all in the tank. They display once in a while, but never touch each other. There are lots of species of bows. Most are not available in the U.S. unfortunately:nono:

Thanks, they are the centerpiece of my tank and the reason I got myself an aquarium. Finally something of my own not for the kids....

If you can imagine I'm in Canada so probably even less choices here. Now I just need my wife to agree to another tank

Foster53,

Gorgeous Boes!!!! I can't wait until mine mature. I am in the process of creating a Bow centric 55g.

They are my favorite freshwater fish!!!

Any tips?
Keep their water pristine. Bows are VERY susceptible to elevated nitrates. They do best in harder water, but will adapt to most water parameters. Feed a good varied diet, including veggies (green beans, wax beans, some will eat most any veggie, others will turn up their nose at them. They relish small floating plants also. A few of mine like bananas, and the clown loaches eat them too.
So clean water, good varied diet, flake food, FD food, live foods when you can get them. Small earthworms are great for them. And you will have healthy bows!! Mine are spoiled. They are what I have left of my breeder males from the different breeding colonies.

Thanks, they are the centerpiece of my tank and the reason I got myself an aquarium. Finally something of my own not for the kids....

If you can imagine I'm in Canada so probably even less choices here. Now I just need my wife to agree to another tank

Bows are terrific fish. They are colorful, full of personality, and easy to keep.
My kids are all grown. and gone now, but a few of them use to help me in my fishroom. They don't keep tanks of their own now. (guess they had enough of water changes at home) LOL.
Just tell the wife that the bows need lots of swimming room, like say 6' of it. To prosper.
Sent you a PM also.

Here's my male boesemani

img_2547339_0_9abd33921e0e6563db4ff2f70ceb2441.jpg

Nice looking Boes!!. He has nice definition, between front, and anterior. I am partial to the more orange colored Boes, like yours.
Check out the Lake Ayatinjo Boesmanis. Pretty sweet!!

how big are your angels? i was told you shouldn't keep angels and discus together cuz angels are more aggressive when mature and they transmit bacterial disease

My koi is mated with a blushing sunset. They are full grown. The other two are teenagers. No aggression issues.

Back
Top Bottom