The little tank that could... i hope...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvolBunny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i am new to AA and thought i would show off my 1st tank. Been wanting to get fish for a while but alas, student finances and what i knew would be a newly found addiction for tropical fish and all they encompass would not gel. Fortunately i am now been working as a doctor for over a year and thought it would be time to take the plunge... Its been difficult to hold myself back - even though options are limited in Kimberley, South Africa, as there is one pet shop that does fish in whole area! And so I present my 1st tank...

Attachments

• tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 81
  • botia2.jpg
    botia2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 82
  • tiger barbs2.jpg
    tiger barbs2.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 88
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 85
Too much i fear:

4x guppies
2x bubble bellies
4x danios
4x red eyed tetras
3x neons
1x glowlight
2x dwarf gourami
1x silver gourami

Too much i fear:

4x guppies
2x bubble bellies
4x danios
4x red eyed tetras
3x neons
1x glowlight
2x dwarf gourami
1x silver gourami

Keep an eye on those gouramis -- they may get a little mean in a 10 gal that stocked. When you upgrade to a bigger tank (you know you will -- once you start you can't stop!) all of your tetras could use more buddies -- they are schooling fish and really do best when there is 6 to 10 of the same species together. That's gonna be one good looking 55 gal when your done. Of course right about the time you think your done you'll be thinking of how your going to stock the 125 gal tank you're getting next! lol

Too much i fear:

4x guppies
2x bubble bellies
4x danios
4x red eyed tetras
3x neons
1x glowlight
2x dwarf gourami
1x silver gourami

Welcome to AA!

Is your tank cycled? I think you probably have enough fish to stock three 10 gallon tanks. ;)

How long has your tank been set up? I am really surprised that you are able to have that many gouramis in one tank. Even in larger tanks, they usually are very aggressive towards each other.

My Dwarf gourami's are actually really docile! The silver (named Oragami) gets a bit wired up sometimes but calms down very quickly... I need a bigger tank thats for sure... been going around a month with the lot... know there too many but i cant help it... eish... this is gonna develop into a serious addiction.... AA is actually 'aquarists anonymous'

My Dwarf gourami's are actually really docile! The silver (named Oragami) gets a bit wired up sometimes but calms down very quickly... I need a bigger tank thats for sure... been going around a month with the lot... know there too many but i cant help it... eish... this is gonna develop into a serious addiction.... AA is actually 'aquarists anonymous'

That's good to hear! Just keep an eye on the Silver as s/he grows that she doesn't become more aggressive. Gouramis are notorious for harassing other gouramis. (She can top out at about 6 inches and will out grow your tank. I'd recommend a 30 gal or larger for her.)

Back
Top Bottom