1 Year Later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EricL

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After 1 year of deciding to make a fish only tank that was established for 4 years a reef tank, I can now say WOW what a difference. I was just looking through some pictures that I have saved and it reminded me that I started this 1 year ago. Take a look at the progress.
I have a 55 gallon corner tank that has 110 lbs of live rock. A 20 gallon wet/dry with a Coralife 220 skimmer ( Yea I know Coralife, but it still works great ) A 400W 14K MH and 2 1w moon lights. I just made my refugium 3 weeks ago. I used a 5 gallon bucket instead of an over/under in my sump. A Hydor Koralia wavemaker 4 way. I love that. I am always using RO/DI for pwc's and top offs. I realized how bad my water was after a test in November. RO/DI system was a great investment.
As for livestock:
Fish: I only have a Maroon clown, Flame angel and 2 damsels that I cant get out.
Coral: A green acro that was just a 1 inch frag 6 months ago. Some green zoos. I just purchased a brain coral frag and a long tentacle plate coral. Green eyed birds nest, poclapora, Ricordia mushrooms and a frogspawn. I just noticed that the montapora that I thought died, is still alive and coming back on some live rock. I also have a huge colony of lime green star polyps. My maroon clown has started to host my Haitian anemone.

I Had a bad bout with red slime algae 3 months ago. I bought a couple of sea hairs and that did not work, red slime remover from my lfs, no good! I siphoned all the sand and live rock and did a 75% water change.
I dose daily with Oceans Blend 1 and 2 and Iodine. Feed the fish 1 time a week when I feed the corals with Zoo plankton. Hope you enjoy.
I thing I did Learn is that My tank is always a work in progress.

Attachments

• 004 (2).jpg
    004 (2).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 132.jpg
    132.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 118
  • 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 112
Looking really good. Wow, that green acro in the center was only 1" 6-months ago? That is extremely fast growth. Just curious, why do you dose Iodine?

Nice tank. Does your flame angel bother your corals? beautiful green acro.

I dose iodine for my zoos and other mushrooms. My light seems to really make acros grow. The flame angel has never bothered my corals. He is a 3 year reef tank raised from a friend of mine.

Tank looks pretty good. You would get all the iodine you need by just doing PWC`s. Rule number one is never dose for anything you dont test for. Again nice tank.

Melosu58
Didn't think of it that way, excellent point.

Ericl
Nice job on the tank.

Back
Top Bottom