55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good start but your going to need more rock ,
as for fish check out Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums this could help you find what you like and if it's compatible with your tank along with seeing what fish get along with who , there's many colorful fish to choose from , just avoid damsels there just terrors,
if you go with med size fish 6 would be the most especially after adding more rock ,
if you go with small fish you could do maybe a few small schools of different fish ,
or just a assortment of fish it's all about what you want

So I took your advice and got some more rock which is not cheap in the UK but I love the way how it adds another dimension to the tank so I want to just get more and more :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438616545.533011.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Look into base or macro rock. It is much cheaper than actually buying live rock and it will become live over time as the bacteria base is established in them.

is it a optical illusion or is the tank leaning to the left looking at water line on top of tank
attachment.php

that table you have the tank on don't look to sturdy
you don't want that tank to fall over thats a lot of water

Yes the water level is slanted but before I added the water I weight tested the table and it could hold 3 times the tank weight so I'm not worried as well the water has been in there for : weeks and nothing has happened so in taking the risk

if the tank is slanted there is a reason , either the table can't support the weight 55gtank full is over 400lbs , or the floors not level causing table to lean , a leaning table has all that extra weight to 1 side that could cause catastrophic failure causing table to calaps and tank to come crashing down , cleaning up 55g of water will seem like cleaning up a 1000g and that's not fun , this is something to be concerned about ,
if your going to just leave it I hope you have good flood insurance ,

I think the slanted is because of the support from a stool and books so when we take them out it should be fine

I got my water tested and my water was fine for fish except the ph was 7.0 and the salinity was 1.022 so i topped off the evaporated water with saltwater to increase the salinity so tomorrow the ph and salinity should be fine so I told my LFS to keep two normal clownfish for me.

I got my water tested and my water was fine for fish except the ph was 7.0 and the salinity was 1.022 so i topped off the evaporated water with saltwater to increase the salinity so tomorrow the ph and salinity should be fine so I told my LFS to keep two normal clownfish for me.

Your tank isn't cycled so please don't put fish in there. You need to add more rock and an ammonia source and let the tank go through a cycle before introducing any living animals into it.

Back
Top Bottom