Kyle's 35G cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool build, just caught myself up. My reef keeper doesn't need a computer but it is easier to do so. If you arn't looking for the wifi capability I would go with the reef keeper or reef keeper lite.
thanks! Does yours allow control of the lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Right now I'm just running a t5 that can't be dimmed. Soon I'm going to buy an led light. It can work like a timer though.

Right now I'm just running a t5 that can't be dimmed. Soon I'm going to buy an led light. It can work like a timer though.

I'm honestly stuck between the Apex Jr and the aquatics lite.

Update on the cycle. My nitrites have sky rocketed from .5 to 5! I'm seeing nitrates at 10 - 15. But ammonia is still up there. May have overdosed but I'll wait for it to get eaten up. Also, noticed some stuff floating around in the water column and sticking to the power heads and everything else. Mikes kinda a film on stuff when it's not floating. Some kind of algae? I don't keep the lights on much.

Got a random Anenome in the live rock I bought. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408415923.772328.jpg

Pretty much a pest one? He's a trooper though! Surviving mid cycle!

Yeah. Some aiptasia-x will take care of that. And keep in mind, a cycle isn't likely to effect some of the creatures that come in on our live rock. Some have the ability to survive in dried out rock for who knows how long until being submersed in water again.

What do those anemones eat? Also found this critter. It moves very slowly. I can't see any legs or really a body but it moves kinda like a snail. It's to the left of the purple thing.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408416779.717818.jpg

? He's gotta go eventually. What about the snail?

Sweet! Does he eat algae. Hasn't seem to really explore the tank at all. Just stays on one side of the rock. Pretty sure I caught glimpse of some kind of worm in the rock too. It was white with a body like a cylinder. Retreated back into the rock though.

Yep kill that mojano/aiptasia!! And it looks like a stomatella to me too

What benefits does the snail bring?

Just a little update, the ammonia is almost completely gone and I now just have high nitrites and nitrates. Also, my kessil 360 came in today but unfortunately without mounting brackets.

Oh bummer! Glad the cycle is getting there though! Definitely excited to see this come together

Oh bummer! Glad the cycle is getting there though! Definitely excited to see this come together

Thank you! We're getting close. Got some pest anemones coming up though.

Back
Top Bottom