Macscale's 65g Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I added some sand yesterday.
It really balances out the ugly 10k look I run during midday for growth...
Figured I do a quick update.

FTS:

Ok and now to show off my growth ;)

Bonsai first hour (a month ago)

Bonsai before transfer (2 weeks ago)

Bonsai Today:

Money has been tight so I haven't had the chance to buy anything new unfortunately.
Looking to trade a few things in today and see what I can get.

Looks good with the sand Mac. What bulbs are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow Mac that's awful news. Really sorry to hear that man, losing a pup is awful. Especially one that young. Any idea the cause?

Yeah.
A few days ago she was vomiting severely so we took her to the best animal hospital we could find. (Coincidently they had 2 saltwater reefs). They sad she had a fault in her intestine and needed emergency surgery, but it would come with a price tag of $3,500. We did it. They removed 3 feet (40in/60in.) of her intestine, yesterday.
Then she became septic throughout the night. We went to go visit her in her final hours, and she was gone. They made us little clay prints with her paw and her name.
Her older brother, Tobie, sure does miss her. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424377976.811727.jpg

So winter decided to take a vacation to Florida today.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424436973.972824.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424436973.972824.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 110
So sorry to hear about your loss Mac :(, that's awful.

But if it makes you feel a little better, it feels like -20 up here and it's snowing....

Wow man, really sorry about your puppy.

Thanks guys...
So Saltcritters has some nice LPS up, and I figured I might just give them another shot because they have a flash sale tonight.

I want some kind of Anthias definitely, and probably a wrasse too.
I'm not really set on anything. The scape is set around open water swimmers.
Any suggestions are welcome.

My sincerest condolences about your beautiful pup. She was blessed to have a family that loves her in her short time here.

On another note, stunning stunning tank. Absolutely beautiful. I love rimless with an open top. I did it for years (freshwater though) and after switching to covered, I respect all open tanks!

My sincerest condolences about your beautiful pup. She was blessed to have a family that loves her in her short time here.

On another note, stunning stunning tank. Absolutely beautiful. I love rimless with an open top. I did it for years (freshwater though) and after switching to covered, I respect all open tanks!

Aw, thanks so much!
That means a lot.

Bartletts are gorgeous IMO. Xmas wrasses are cool as are melanurus. A species of fairy/flasher would be cool but I'd be scared with the open top

Back
Top Bottom