New 26G tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmelton327

Aquarium Advice Regular
well hello everyone started this tank build not to long ago......so far so good, i have a lil coralife lighting system right now, which will be getting replaced soon, have a lil odyssea skimmer that works great for now, 2 365gph powerheads, a rena 30 filter (store alil live rock in there just to get water flowing at a diff angle) 25 pounds of live rock, 50 pounds of live sand 100watt heater, and alil yellow watchman goby and alil red banded pistol shrimp.......have a bunch of pictures im going to put up of how i started and then were its at right now

(was told i should make this thread lol)

any advice would be much appreciated as i am new to this, and so far have done many changes that i should have just done from the beginning i will upload more pics as i go should get my new light in this upcoming monday, also will be upgrading powerheads since those are just somthing cheap i bought when cycling and have yet to get another pair probly the korlia 240gph....

Attachments

• IMAG0149_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0149_BURST002.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 103
update of the tank sorry the pics are not the greatest off my phone.

Attachments

• IMAG0203.jpg
    IMAG0203.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 66
so far let the nitrates go down alil before i add anymore fish, i have a yellow watchman and a red banded shrimp pair in there right now but im going to get a refugium next and throw some cheato in the back and then get some nice true P clowns for the front and i think leave it at that.....not sure what else i would really add

new pics of the tank with koralia 420gph new base rock, about 5 red leg hermits, and a coral banded shrimp

Attachments

• IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 74
new pics of the tank with koralia 420gph new base rock, about 5 red leg hermits, and a coral banded shrimp

Awesome pics! If it were me I'd add one more piece of live rock in the center of your rock scape to give the tank some height. It would really make the tank IMO.

This is just my opinion.

o trust me im already considering it. i grabed a nice peice of dry rock not sure if you can see it on the left bottom....but i should of stood it up to make for a nicer look however it looks fine laying down made 2 nice lil caves that you can barley see and looks natural, ill have to do somthing with that middle i dont like it much either makes it look like i have barley any rock at all, if my sand wasnt so deep you would see the other 2 bolders i have lol

o trust me im already considering it. i grabed a nice peice of dry rock not sure if you can see it on the left bottom....but i should of stood it up to make for a nicer look however it looks fine laying down made 2 nice lil caves that you can barley see and looks natural, ill have to do somthing with that middle i dont like it much either makes it look like i have barley any rock at all, if my sand wasnt so deep you would see the other 2 bolders i have lol

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

wow is it just me or what....well its gota be just me since im new to the hobby but wow!!!!! so many test!!!!!!!! i was like ok master sw tank tester cool deal........then the tps tester...ok ok.........now im looking at all the reef testing i will be doing before reefs even come into play!!!! lol ik this may make it seem like im alil mad but its all fun to me at the same time boy do i have alot more to read up on when it comes to reefs!!! but cant wait to get me some nice zoas and maby a thing of frogspawn.

Nice Build

Keep working at it, keep doing research, and keep doing water changes. 10 Hour light cycle, feed only what they can eat in 3 minutes.

Your tank is starting to look great and I cant wait for you to advance. However, There are two things you need to remember.

#1 - Patience. Have lots of it, and do not rush.
#2 - Never put anything in your tank that you can not test for.

Good Luck J. I'm always here if you have questions or thoughts you would like to share. (y)

wow is it just me or what....well its gota be just me since im new to the hobby but wow!!!!! so many test!!!!!!!! i was like ok master sw tank tester cool deal........then the tps tester...ok ok.........now im looking at all the reef testing i will be doing before reefs even come into play!!!! lol ik this may make it seem like im alil mad but its all fun to me at the same time boy do i have alot more to read up on when it comes to reefs!!! but cant wait to get me some nice zoas and maby a thing of frogspawn.

They call this ADDICTION. :banghead:

ty everyone if someone could identify them for me plz!!!! i like there color but thinking there young b&w clowns which i didnt plan to have but ofc will keep either way they were in the lfs as tank bred clowns.......im just wondering if there not b&w and instead occ clowns that they messed up on. thx in advance

Back
Top Bottom