New YELLOW TANG THANK YOU WIFE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PISCES4LIFE

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wife bring me home Yellow Tang ,she want something lmao ,
GreenDuncan garden

ForumRunner_20130919_184925.jpg

ForumRunner_20130919_184959.jpg

Hi there you have a nice looking tank there are no rules only guidelines you're just stretching them a bit that's all just kept A eye on your water quality

Lol i know but like to broke some rules to just see what happen because i will have two tang in one small tank lets see what happen ,Wife brought the Tang lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Look in tank and seen SHRIMP body laying on rock lol shed his shell first time
He's still alive lol

ForumRunner_20130922_085630.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there you have a nice looking tank there are no rules only guidelines you're just stretching them a bit that's all just kept A eye on your water quality
Water quality has nothing to do with it. It's about confinement and stress. It's like putting a dog in a crate for it's entire life.

I agree with mr. X. Its about having plenty of space. Tangs need plenty of room.

This tank makg me want a bigger one now ,want to start with 55 gal but skid next one will b bigger 90+

Yea. I would have a tang probably but mines only 39 gallon and thats too small. Mr. X is right again.

This tank makg me want a bigger one now ,want to start with 55 gal but skid next one will b bigger 90+

What a perfect excuse to upgrade! Tell your wife that the new friend she brought home will die a slow painful death in the 29g tank, and she'll approve :)

Well i guess he better stay strong to i get next tank in the making.

Please take a look at Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums for the recommended tank sizes for fish before buying them.

Yellow tangs need a 100g+ tank
Coral Beauty needs a 70g+ tank

They may be "guidelines" but these guidelines have been set up over the past 30 years or so by aquarists that have put an extreme amount of effort into finding ways to make this hobby work.

Tangs that don't have enough space to swim (yes even if they are little) will get stressed out. That combined with the fact that they are already prone to sickness is creating the perfect environment for them to die a very very early death.

On this forum it is EXTREMELY common for us to see people putting tangs in similar environments with all intentions of either upgrading or rehoming the fish and then we invariably see that aquarist post again later on asking for advice to why their tang is sick or dying.

I know it's not what you want to hear but myself, along with many many others on this forum would suggest that you return the fish now and that is some very solid advice.

Back
Top Bottom