OK, finally a pic of my tank, 8 mo old 75 gal . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone, we are having fun.

Yes, I used to have a picture there but it is now in my Gallery - This pic was taken at night with all the house lights off, camera on tripod, no flash, just the tank lights. Olympus digital camera.

As for Equipment -

The Tank is an Oceanic 75 gal Reef Ready w/20gal sump with Oceanic stand and canopy in Cherry wood. (it goes with our furniture)

For filtration we dump the overflow thru BioBalls, pump it out thru a Red Sea Berlin Turbo Skimmer, back into sump and thru Dacron & sponge and back into main tank. (do not have 'fuge)

150# of LR, 40# of sugarfine sand then we added about 10# of LR rubble and about 10# of crashed coral to give the sand some texture.

To move the water we have 2 Seio Superflow pumps hidden behind the LR, and 2 small powerheads (you can see one on each end of the tank) hooked to a Red Sea Wavemaker.

Lights are 4 x 90 watt PC ( 2 actinic and 2 white ) and a moonlite all on timers.

We test water EVERY Saturday morning, only change 10-15 gals of water once each month.

Water param's are always good. We keep Sal @ 1.023, Calc @ 450, Alk @ 9.0-9.5, Temp 78-80

You can see the corals, for livestock we only have 3 Hermits, 4 snails, 5 green chromies, 2 scooter bleenies, 1 diamond Goby, 1 saddle back clown, and one CBS.

That's it for now but that may change at any visit to the LFS.

We did Lotsa-Lotsa-Lotsa research before we got enough nerve to put water and rocks into the tank.

We heard differing opinions about everything from everyone, so ya just got to sort thru it all.

We are having much fun, knocking on my wooden head, we have had few porblems.

This is one of the places we did a lot of research and all have been helpful...

Thanks everyone here, for all the help,

Looks great! You should be very proud. I love the elegance coral (one of my favorites!) I have found that mine does much better when the cone is placed in the sand-bed. I got much better extension...just a thought. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom