Pic of my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang,

Here is My first marine tank!

sure its a little bare now, but soon it will be full of Live Rock!

(note the big ol' pre-skimmer that seems to take up half the tank!)

I have yet to purchase my LR! Work has been insane lately, I am waiting for a break in the action so I can order my rock and take a half day off when it arrives to place it in the tank.

powderbluetang said:
only order it from here they have the best lr out there...
Have you tried them, or is this claim based on their website?

Their site is too hard to read. I have bought liverocks.com rock and without all the excess "bull" from that site. lr.com is only 2.99 a lb plus shipping, looks like theirs is 4.99 a lb plus shipping. way too much. lr.com also shipps theirs in much the same manner. I will get mine from lr.com, I have already ordered 80 lbs of lr and 20 lbs of ls. If I get my 150 gal tank I will be getting much more. :mrgreen:

no way man! dont send it back! you want, and need that equipment. do you have the bak pak 2R? you shouldnt need the bubble trap then. If you have the Bak Pak regular, they make a bubble trap that fits inside the skimmer so you wont see it. Just use the pre-skimmer. It hides all of the wires and tubes and that big ugly pump nicely, plus it increases efficency.

I have the combo, preskimmer and the bubble trap all in one unit. This thing is big. I have no problem with bubbles but Im getting a thin layer of scum on the surface. It might not look bad if I had the back painted black, I might try to mount it again if surface scum gets bad
PS...I have the Bak Pak regular not the "R"

if that is a 37 gallon tank, I just bought that exact tank and stand... how stable is yours on the carpet?

mine is very stable when you get the water put in there. Its not going anywhere. I did have a problem with the glass door. It started rubbing against the base when I would open and close it. I took it off and carefully remounted it and it hasn't happened again.

I also mounted a large surge protector inside on the top of the back wall to keep the wires off of the floor and to make a decent sized drip loop.

more pics to come!

I can just hear it....

"FILL ME!!!!" :twisted:

Hehe, don't worry about the pre-filter. Once you've got that full of LR and some coraline starts to grow on the pre-filter... it'll dissapear into the background.

Back
Top Bottom