Sea Clear, System II Acrylic Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKFMedic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone,

My local fish store is having a sale and have one Sea Clear System 2 75 gallon tank and will give me a great deal?

I've done some research and haven't found a lot of "Recent" opinions. This tank has a full length spill over compartment in the back which contains all of the filter media and equipment. No sump is required, and although they have their own filter system, I would probably replace it with my protein skimmer, media racks, etc to "Upgrade" and increase the efficiency.

Because it has internal filtration, it isn't really a 75 gallon tank, but I do like the "Idea" of not having to run a sump due to my limited space.

Has anyone had any experience with these tanks? I currently have a glass 34 gallon rimless tank and am wondering if I would be disappointed going to acrylic? I have read that they scratch easily, may not have the same optical quality, etc. I'm just looking for some honest opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

acrylic can be a bit tricky when cleaning because it scratches easily, and if you have kids around the tank that like to put their paws on it you may develope some fine or deep scratches.

acrylic is clearer then glass and is stronger besides the scratchign issues

Back
Top Bottom