Sircastic's 55 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I have a few pictures of my 55 gallon reef aquarium. It's currently about 3 months old after cycling. It was a used tank, I got for about 100$ w/o live sand or rock. As for corals I have a sacrophyton coral, Duncan coral, and a zoa colony. Residing in the tank is 1 ocifeller clown, 1 neon dotty back, 2 pajama cardinals, 2 tiger nassarius snails, and a CUC of some blue leg hermits and an emerald crab. I have a hydor power, and a SC-150 cone skimmer. All overflowing into my 30 gallon sump!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398611862.135667.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398611823.811528.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398611878.751211.jpg

Looking good.

Have you considered painting the back? Also, have you considered putting your heater in the sump?

Looking good.

Have you considered painting the back? Also, have you considered putting your heater in the sump?
Is there a benefit to having it in the sump? Or is it just aesthetic? I never thought of putting it under, but I just might do that!

Is there a benefit to having it in the sump? Or is it just aesthetic? I never thought of putting it under, but I just might do that!

Purely aesthetic. I keep my heater in my sump on my 55 reef. The only downfall that can possibly exist would be if there is a siphon loss (if there is a hob overflow on the system) and the heated water won't be pumped into the display. I've had it happen once on my system, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Purely aesthetic. I keep my heater in my sump on my 55 reef. The only downfall that can possibly exist would be if there is a siphon loss (if there is a hob overflow on the system) and the heated water won't be pumped into the display. I've had it happen once on my system, but it wasn't that big of a deal.
Moved it to my sump when I did my weekend water change, now I can stack up the live rock on the left side for a pod hiding place!

Back
Top Bottom