Tank Updated Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One More of the xenia and one of the tank, sorry about the double of the outside of tank on the 1st post. Also there is my capnella (Kenya Tree) coral, it has made alot of babies! :D

SaltwaterTeen said:
There is an Announcment posted in nearly every single forum with info on how to submit.

That xenia rock will be covered in less than 6 months. Thats fast when talking about a reef. Dont forget the natual reefs where not made in a few months or even a few years. THey have been a development over decates and centuries.

I second fishfreek, all xenia gows like weeds. You need to partition it so it can only stay in the area you want, ie a rock island, a toadstool on one side, some way to control its expansion. It does grow on the glass too.

cute photo fishfreek

do you all recommend xenia for a persons first venture into soft corals???

I am close to making the leap!

That xenia rock will be covered in less than 6 months. Thats fast when talking about a reef. Dont forget the natual reefs where not made in a few months or even a few years. THey have been a development over decates and centuries.
LOL, that rock is like only 1-2 inches, the xenia will cover that in like a month. :D
do you all recommend xenia for a persons first venture into soft corals???

I am close to making the leap!
Xenia is a really neat coral!! I think you should, but first most important you need an alk test kit, and I prefer seachem reef builder alkalinity buffer, later on you might want to get a calcium test kit, I havent got one yet, but after my alk buffer runs out and I go to a reef store an hour away, Ill pick up a calcium test kit, and maybe bionic or c-balance, which is a stronger buffer that raises alk and calicium :D I think your perc's would love a pulsing xenia!!! :D :D

Hey nice pics! I gotta figure out how to get my kodak pictures to be able to post and put pictures under my name. Still haven't figured that out :oops: . How long have you had your tank, it looks well established?

Back
Top Bottom