What a difference two years makes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's a comparison of when I set up my first saltwater tank and how it's grown and changed two years later. I've learned a lot, and could still take in some more. Since 2011, I've added more rock, corals, fish (most have come and gone, the tang is about to go back) and upgraded the tank to a 75 from a 55.

Attachments

• image-3212205356.jpg
    image-3212205356.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 336
  • image-1872040391.jpg
    image-1872040391.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 339
Here's a comparison of when I set up my first saltwater tank and how it's grown and changed two years later. I've learned a lot, and could still take in some more. Since 2011, I've added more rock, corals, fish (most have come and gone, the tang is about to go back) and upgraded the tank to a 75 from a 55.

Wow! :eek:
That is a giant change! And i love the tank too. :D

Thanks, all. My current fish stock is a blue hippo tang, two clowns, three banggai cardinals, two spotted mandarins, and a yellow coris wrasse.

Thanks, all. My current fish stock is a blue hippo tang, two clowns, three banggai cardinals, two spotted mandarins, and a yellow coris wrasse.

How fast did the hippo tang grow to it's current size? I heard they grow super fast. Beautiful tank by the way!!

How fast did the hippo tang grow to it's current size? I heard they grow super fast. Beautiful tank by the way!!

She's only been in there a few months and has grown about an inch. I believe she's about 3". I'm taking her back soon, because I know she can't stay :)

She's only been in there a few months and has grown about an inch. I believe she's about 3". I'm taking her back soon, because I know she can't stay :)

She's a beautiful fish! It's sad how you get them at 3/4" and they grow up so fast :( lol

That tank is way overstocked prob a 50 gall after all that water displacement how is that tang even alive?

That tank is way overstocked prob a 50 gall after all that water displacement how is that tang even alive?

Excuse me? I've got a 20gal sump, so that's about 95gal. As you can see, the tang is fat and healthy. It is not "way overstocked."

Any person that respects fish knows u never include your sumps volume to your overall tanks volume just saying its cruel to keep a tang in a small tank as yours

after going back and looking at mine wow no kidding it's amazing

as for the tang thing I'm not saying a word:cool:(y):D:whistle:

Any person that respects fish knows u never include your sumps volume to your overall tanks volume just saying its cruel to keep a tang in a small tank as yours

Just call me the fish-disser.

Why would you not include the gallonage of an item designed to increase total gallonage? Just sayin'

Last edited:

Oh please, That tang looks healthier than tangs I've seen in 300g tanks.

Please don't attack other people's stocking choices. If you don't agree with the stock, there are better ways to say it.

Please don't attack other people's stocking choices. If you don't agree with the stock, there are better ways to say it.

Thanks, George :) I can post close ups of the fish if anyone is interested.

I agree 100% that tang looks great.

Back
Top Bottom