20 gallon breeding project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, for my birthday I am going to get a 20 gallon. My plan-
I want to definitely breed n-class endlers, grow some high-light plants, and breed bottom dwellers(hopefully)

Questions-
1. 20 gal tall or long?
2. What bottom dwellers could I do, if any?

Ok, for my birthday I am going to get a 20 gallon. My plan-
I want to definitely breed n-class endlers, grow some high-light plants, and breed bottom dwellers(hopefully)

Questions-
1. 20 gal tall or long?
2. What bottom dwellers could I do, if any?

Speaking for the plants. To get high light, a 20 gallon long is better. Longer footprint and the light doesn't have to travel far down into the tank.

As far as bottom dwellers, not sure if you'll be able to breed them in the same tank. It's worth a shot. I would go with Corydoras species. Relatively easy as they all have just about the same method (load with meaty food, in the morning or night (don't remember off the top of my head which) do a larger water change with cool water) with just some water parameter tweaks.

If I were you I'd look into small species like Panda, Pygmaeous, and definitely Habrosus.

Speaking for the plants. To get high light, a 20 gallon long is better. Longer footprint and the light doesn't have to travel far down into the tank.

As far as bottom dwellers, not sure if you'll be able to breed them in the same tank. It's worth a shot. I would go with Corydoras species. Relatively easy as they all have just about the same method (load with meaty food, in the morning or night (don't remember off the top of my head which) do a larger water change with cool water) with just some water parameter tweaks.

If I were you I'd look into small species like Panda, Pygmaeous, and definitely Habrosus.

What genders/how many pandas/endlers should I get?
Do you know anyone who's bred endlers

What genders/how many pandas/endlers should I get?
Do you know anyone who's bred endlers

Yeah, actually I believe there are some people on here with some good Endlers. You may want to post on the trade section. I know Severum Mama used to have a variety of nice ones but I haven't heard from her in awhile.

I think for both or them you need more males than females. Although I am not so sure :(

Yeah, actually I believe there are some people on here with some good Endlers. You may want to post on the trade section. I know Severum Mama used to have a variety of nice ones but I haven't heard from her in awhile.

I think for both or them you need more males than females. Although I am not so sure :(

Hmm. I haven't heard anything from in quite a few months...

Hmm. I haven't heard anything from in quite a few months...

One thing I am reading for Corys is that then want subdued light for breeding. Not sure how that's going to work with your high light plants. If I were you, I'd start with some plants and Endlers first. Worry about adding something else in later :)

Back
Top Bottom