3 day old fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenda26910

Aquarium Advice Regular
How often should I feed them? I mixed flakes with hot water. I give them about 1/4 tsp twice a day. Should it be more or less. This is my first time raising fry.

Feed about 3 times a day to start. I just crumble flakes and freeze-dried brine shrimp. With fry you usually over feed so they can find the food, so keep up with water changes (and be careful not to siphon the babies)

How often should I feed them? I mixed flakes with hot water. I give them about 1/4 tsp twice a day. Should it be more or less. This is my first time raising fry.
Try Hakari First Bites, excellent food and especially made for fry. I know people crush their regular food, i did this myself, but this has all the ingredients that fry need to grow and develop fast. This is my first batch that i have used it on and i have noticed the difference in them. They seem to be growing much quicker...
PS....This batch of fry are from the same female as before....

Feed them first bites 3 times a day for the first 4 weeks then 2 times a day untill they are able to be put in the big tank

Where can I buy this? We have a Petco, but other than that not many places to choose from around me. I couple very small fish stores.

Where can I buy this? We have a Petco, but other than that not many places to choose from around me. I couple very small fish stores.
I'm not from around your area but i would imagine Petco would have it!!. It comes in a pouch. If not in your lfs, it's widely available on Ebay or Amazon....

Here is a pic of my 10day old guppy fry. This one doesn't look like the others. If you look close it almost looks like a V shape. Not sure why?

image-2030435639.jpg

image-3945123107.jpg

Here is a pic of my 10day old guppy fry. This one doesn't look like the others. If you look close it almost looks like a V shape. Not sure why?

View attachment 154966

View attachment 154965
Sorry to say, that fry looks deformed. You could keep him/her or cull it. I wouldn't let it breed though. There's a very strong chance of passing on the deformity....

Back
Top Bottom