Aaaahhh. Angels layed eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cargod78

Aquarium Advice Regular
K, just went to feed and I see my angels in the community tank laid eggs all over the filter pick up tube and are now standing guard by it.. How long till they hatch? What do I do till then?

image-531040857.jpg

Any other fish in the tank will eat the eggs/fry. Either move the other fish out (suggested) or move the tube with the eggs on it into a separate container filled with the tank water. Floating breeder/birthing boxes work nicely for this, but that tube might be hard to move.

I don't know the length untill hatching, but when you move the eggs the tank you're putting them in to has to be filled with the original tank water, an you can not let the eggs touch air AT ALL! That's about as much as I know about eggs, I mainly deal with livebearers and I only have plans to breed egg layers ^^

Don't give up hope. Mine just laid their second batch of eggs and are doing much better. They ate their first spawn too

Awesome. I'll be following.
Two of my nice younger angels paired up not long ago. They have been in their own tank for two days now and tubes came down last night.
So I have two pairs now :)

It's like they knew I wrote that earlier. They are laying eggs right now :D my other pair is due o lay next week. I'll be over run. Lol!

Cargod78 said:
Ok, angels layed another batch of eggs! Hopefully they won't eat them all this time.

What else do u have in your community tank? Parents will eat the eggs if they feel threatened aswell so you should try the eggs in a tank bythemswlves

Or have your angel pair in their own tank.
I have a pair, this is the 4th time they have laid, each lay had been better than the previous and I am really hoping for fry this time. Good luck

I have a pretty good assortment in the tank, most are staying well clear of the angels. The only one bothering the angels seems to be the algae eater, he keeps harassing them

Back
Top Bottom