Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully405Customz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 4 angels in a planted 55 gal an they aren't real big yet. Maybe 2 or 3 inches long. I'd say maybe 6 or 7 months old Max and I was wondering when if ever they will start breeding? Do they need special conditions? Things I should prepare/worry about? Anything helps! :)

If they are going to pair off it will probably be soon their age and size says they are getting close to that point. With 4 you usually wind up with one pair the odds are in your favor.

I've seen that with mine at about a year they start breeding. I agree with rich, with 4 theres a good chance a pair will form.

Just keep them happy, well fed, healthy, and let nature take its course.

Okay thanks guys. Will they all four be okay together once they pair off? And I assume the procedure after they hatch is like any other fish? Just remove the babies to another tank?

In a 55 they'll probably be o.k., but watching for aggression is always important. I've had issues when a large male decides that he wants to pin everyone up in a corner for days while he's spawning, so in that situation I'd put in a divider or move the fish out for a while.

If you want a high fry survival rate, then its best to move them.

Back
Top Bottom