Angelfish Breeding - ADVICE PLEASE!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnewport

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a pair of angelfish that were given to me a month ago. I'm clueless about them other than they're pretty! They laid eggs, I read up on it, decided to just let nature take its course, and now the eggs have hatched and they've been great parents so far. But today the momma seems to be pushing the daddy away to the corner of tank, won't let him move, seems stressed out by his presence. Is that normal? Should I remove him at this point? The babies are not yet swimming but it looks like soon...Any advice would be appreciated!!:wave:

dnewport said:
I have a pair of angelfish that were given to me a month ago. I'm clueless about them other than they're pretty! They laid eggs, I read up on it, decided to just let nature take its course, and now the eggs have hatched and they've been great parents so far. But today the momma seems to be pushing the daddy away to the corner of tank, won't let him move, seems stressed out by his presence. Is that normal? Should I remove him at this point? The babies are not yet swimming but it looks like soon...Any advice would be appreciated!!:wave:

Might want to do a search, but I've heard the the male will eat the fry, so mom is just defending/protecting them.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Back
Top Bottom