Angelfish - Now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PlumBella

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have 3 angelfish.
It appears that 2 have paired up and almost what I would call bullying the odd 1 out.
They have got territorial and a little aggressive towards other fish.
One has got quite a full looking belly, the other appears to have a breeding tube. Any ideas when or what is next??

Get food for the fry just Incase! And I would divide the tank so that you give the breeding pair their own side to be in. Also if you have strong filtration now would be the time to put a sponge over the intake to keep fry from getting sucked in.

Jeremy S. said:
Get food for the fry just Incase! And I would divide the tank so that you give the breeding pair their own side to be in. Also if you have strong filtration now would be the time to put a sponge over the intake to keep fry from getting sucked in.

Thanks! :)

What do the eggs look like???

Feel awful for the odd 1 out too.
It hides in times... :-(

Well you have a few options. personaly i would remove the pair and put them in there own tank and they will be less stressed . when angels mate they get very protective and some go as far as to kill smaller fish. when they are breeding and laying eggs the less stress the better and you will have healthy happy fry and they will be less likely to eat the eggs or fry.if u do remove them and give them there own tank use a sponge filter of some kind and place a piece of grey slate or a 4 inch round clay pot upside down on a rock so its small end is just under the water level for them to lay eggs on. you can let the parents hatch and raise the fry or choose to hatch the eggs on your own and i can teach u how to do this. the eggs are very small clear balls unless they don't get fertilized then they turn white and will not hatch. as for the one that's left it will be ok with the other fish. don't be surprised if the first 3 batches of eggs get eaten . they will do this till they get it rite. thats why i pull my eggs and hatch my own after the male has fertilized them good. if you have anymore questions fell free to pm me. i have 10 breeding pairs and about 50 others growing up . i have 6 different breeds

OMG, OMG, OMG....

My paired up ANGELFISH HAVE FINALLY DONE THE DEED....

We have eggs!!
And on the magnet tank cleaner too OF ALL PLACES.

Cheers everyone for the replies/comments on my thread..!

Extremely appreciated!!!!!
Expect some updates..
:)

Check out the photos.

Bits in the water is because I took photos not long after I had fed the fish and others in the tank!!

They have tried again. Looks like double the amount of eggs to last time.
Also the current odd one out (of our Angelfish) has gone to a friends tank.
The paired up Angelfish were basically bullying the poor thing.
Felt sorry for it.
They would purposely look for him, he would then try to hide right in the back corner of our tank.
My paired up Angelfish have spawned again!!
Discovered eggs Thursday morning. Yippee. :)

each time you will have more. did you get any survivors from the last batch? I'm still waiting for my next batch to be laid, no dice yet :(

Hi, no they must of eaten them!

It was their second go, using the same area of the tank.
I was told it tends to be third time lucky, so fingers crossed.

They must of eaten these too.

Roll on try three.!

Took approximately 4-6 weeks from first to second try.!!

Will update all if and when!! :)

They must of eaten these too.

Roll on try three.!

Took approximately 4-6 weeks from first to second try.!!

Will update all if and when!! :)

Okay, I have hope then. I'm waiting on my third try and its approaching 6 weeks

Yippee, my Angelfish have done the deed again!!!!

3rd time lucky. Fingers crossed. :-D

Help...

Think my male angelfish is dying!!
:-(

Attachments

• image-4199714642.jpg
    image-4199714642.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 70
He has been doing this for the last 5 hours.

On his side, does seem unbalanced.
Looking like he is breathing quickly/gasping.
Male of a pair that have no spawned for the fourth time.
The eggs always get eaten (possibly) next day.
So I have no idea if the male touched them with his papilla. :-(
The female comes over to him no and again doing a funny little dance and takes him to the top half of the tank. But he always returns to the bottom resting on the sand diagonally.

PLEASE HELP....!!!!!

Attachments

• image-1765229523.jpg
    image-1765229523.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom