Angels preparing to spawn....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are some recent videos I took this morning of my angels "gettin in the mood"....:cool:

Hope those links work....

Thanks! I love watching them...although they are getting really aggressive right now with my other fish and really protecting "their plant". I just wish the actual spawning would begin...they are really taking their time getting those eggs laid and fertilized...lol.

Geez....jrp, I'm not sure. My friend Bryan (bs6749) should be able to help out on that one....I think they are some kind of marble though..not sure. The female is really pretty close up. She has an irridescent blue in her fins and face (pic attached).

Attachments

• DSC03024_edited.jpg
    DSC03024_edited.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 53
Hey....they are finally doin' the dirty....got eggs laid all over the leaf. Will attach video shortly!! LOL!!

I do have a brine shrimp hatchery kit and I do have a 5g tank with heater in case any of these survive. Keeping my fingers crossed!! Thanks CTD!!

Here are the latest pictures...:) The female seems to be doing all of work right now while the male is off eating.

Attachments

• DSC03051.jpg
    DSC03051.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC03052.jpg
    DSC03052.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 60
Yay...the eggs are still there this morning. They are so cute guarding the leaf. The female is just fanning away at those eggs. This is just the cutest thing ever....I just hope they are fertilized. I guess it's time to pull out that 5g tank!! :):) BTW --- how can I be sure these little guys are fertilized. I know I have read somewhere that the color should tell you...but I just can tell. They appear darker in the pictures than they do in "real life". Both parents are taking turn fanning though and being very protective. I guess they would still do this even if they weren't fertilized, huh??? Can you tell I am a complete newbie at this....

Back
Top Bottom