Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1 LARA

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have, among others, 3 femal and 1 male swordtail.Now an additional 3 baby swordtails too young to tell their sexes.
If the babies grow up to be female, will the male(father) try to mate with his dauters?

I believe that the male will mate with his daughters, if in fact they are his. I know that guppies do that and swordtails are like guppies, so more than likely they will do insest.

Be careful interbreeding as it can cause deformities and other problems you'll be fine once or twice but try and introduce fresh blood.

It wasnt on perpus
one day I had a skinny female and now there are 3 babies swimming around
They dont get chased
must have been hiding for a wile
I wonder how many babies there was
I know they have more then three at a time

I do have a half black female who will not let any male around her except another half black male or full black male. But Miss Picky is the only one who is particular like that. That's the name my granddaughter named her. We really wanted to breed her to our big mettalic blue male or our big neon green but she will have nothing to do with them. Also They have to be big sized males, no small male guppies need to swim up to her. It's kinda funny to watch,but I feel sorry for them getting rejected like that.

Back
Top Bottom